Flytipping like you've never seen it before.

Squaredy

11 hours ago, Rough Hewn said:

In Yorkshire every pull over, park up and country lane has black bags full of soil and crap from weed growers.
They are literally everywhere.
Quoted a job in the middle of nowhere a few weeks back.
There was 30-50 bin bags full of weed strewn all over the embankment, piles of ducting, lamps the whole lot.
W-Anchors
emoji35.png

Sounds like some good freebies, I would be round filling up the van!

• Haha 1

Update: I have emailed my MP who says sorry it is a devolved matter, down to the Welsh Assembly.

I therefore emailed my local Assembly Member who replied saying they are having a meeting on site to consider it next week.

And I have made my own video of it and shared it with the local paper who did an article about this particular road three years ago, so they may do a ‘Three Years On’ type of article.

• Like 2

Good job

Any chance getting  the story in a national newspaper?

The drone footage is pretty dramatic so they might cover it?

Bit of a scandal also in  wasting  public money building the road that was never used.

Locally they have  built 2 new large industrial estates where not a single buisness has moved onto. Several miles of roads and roundabouts, pavements empty for decades   and popular with flytippers.

Then they build new developments on greenfield sites close by.

Edited by Stere
  • Like 1

Sounds a bit like EU money misspent, just like many places in Europe.

My wife and I drove from Lisbon to Porto and there was not a car on the motorway which looked to have been built at vast cost due to a lot of it being elevated above a low plain.  Just a small sample of the waste.

WWW.FT.COM

News, analysis and comment from the Financial Times, the worldʼs leading global business publication

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Billhook said:

Sounds a bit like EU money misspent, just like many places in Europe.

My wife and I drove from Lisbon to Porto and there was not a car on the motorway which looked to have been built at vast cost due to a lot of it being elevated above a low plain.  Just a small sample of the waste.

WWW.FT.COM

News, analysis and comment from the Financial Times, the worldʼs leading global business publication

Is Portugal in "lock down " ?