The end of 'red diesel'?

richy_B

5 hours ago, GA Groundcare said:

If folk are already having red diesel nicked from their yards. Imagine the theft on farm yard tanked white diesel!

A lot bigger market for stolen white than red, machines and bowsers will be like cash machines!?

Eddie.

• Sad 1

Latest thinking is uk doesn’t need farmers anymore, cheaper to import everything , rather than handing out grants and handouts to them for anything and everything.
A business friend of mine, who can’t claim much back in his line of work, nevertheless has a 6 month old bmw 7 series that he decants 20 litre tubs of red into every week, which he refills from his village garage when he goes up in his old van.
I couldn’t help but have a good natured laugh with him when I dropped into his yard as he was juggling an oversized funnel in one hand and a full tub of red over his other arm trying not to scuff the paintwork.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, swinny said:

You use red at the mo in your planyt\ digger?

You be happy to put white in it?

I pretty much stopped supplying fuel as I've been caught too many times having a bowser on site and then a load of other kit turns up either without fuel to even begin the job, or needing filling up after a day or so.

Long faces all round if I refuse to fuel them and the job has to stop, but very short memories when it comes to paying or replacing it.

My clients will have to supply white and I don't like the though of machines left full of it.

Eddie.

1 hour ago, LGP Eddie said:

I pretty much stopped supplying fuel as I've been caught too many times having a bowser on site and then a load of other kit turns up either without fuel to even begin the job, or needing filling up after a day or so.

Long faces all round if I refuse to fuel them and the job has to stop, but very short memories when it comes to paying or replacing it.

My clients will have to supply white and I don't like the though of machines left full of it.

Eddie.

Exactly....all them machines full of white diesel..

A diesel thiefs wet dream. 

They won't give a toss about how much damage they do to get it out. Lost fuel cap, drill hole in a tank, rip off panels... Hundreds in repairs possibly each time. Then what? Insurance claim? Insurance rockets for the whole sector then and will become the norm.

Bad enough keeping red in the tank let alone white. 

13 hours ago, dumper said:

Bring it on those of us with tanks and an exemption can then claim back the tax on the white diesel and then retail the white to locals for cash undercutting the fuel stations and giving us a good holiday four times a year! Luvly jubly!!!!

Thats what i will do, along with many others,,

• Like 1
  • Haha 1