The end of 'red diesel'?

richy_B

6 minutes ago, doobin said:

I reckon ag will still be exempt, as farmers are price takers and the government doesn't want to see the price of food rise. So the abuse will continue.

All they have to do is clarify and then enforce existing laws. Wouldn't take much, just a civil servant with knowledge of the industries involved ? and a flying pig.

The abuse will increase as they really have the advantage then, plus the Farm off sales of red will flourish nicely!

White straight through would sort the job out and if food goes up so what, it’s too cheap anyway and half of it is pure shite in a packet.

Eddie.

• Like 4

Just now, LGP Eddie said:

The abuse will increase as they really have the advantage then, plus the Farm off sales of red will flourish nicely!

White straight through would sort the job out and if food goes up so what, it’s too cheap anyway and half of it is pure shite in a packet.

Eddie.

Can't disagree personally, but I don't see it happening.

Just now, doobin said:

Can't disagree personally, but I don't see it happening.

No it’ll not happen, Farmers will as ever be exempt for whatever reason and then continue to diversify into cutting a slice out of anything they can with a bit of exemption help.

Eddie.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LGP Eddie said:

No it’ll not happen, Farmers will as ever be exempt for whatever reason and then continue to diversify into cutting a slice out of anything they can with a bit of exemption help.

Eddie.

Indeed. And the young farmers will keep playing the big I am with a 13 tonner, Daddy's tractor and Daddy's (red) diesel!

This isn't about levelling any playing fields etc it's all about increasing govt revenues. Plain and simple. 

Look at one of the main rationales:

Part of the rationale of scapping the rebate is that if red diesel users are paying so little for their fuel, there is little financial incentive for them to switch to cleaner technologies.

Please show my the alternative? The petrol/lpg/battery excavators, tractors, combines and so on. They don't exist. Why hammer the users, why not incentives the manufacturers to produce a cleaner alternative. 

Bring it on those of us with tanks and an exemption can then claim back the tax on the white diesel and then retail the white to locals for cash undercutting the fuel stations and giving us a good holiday four times a year! Luvly jubly!!!!

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, richy_B said:

This isn't about levelling any playing fields etc it's all about increasing govt revenues. Plain and simple. 

Look at one of the main rationales:

Part of the rationale of scapping the rebate is that if red diesel users are paying so little for their fuel, there is little financial incentive for them to switch to cleaner technologies.

Please show my the alternative? The petrol/lpg/battery excavators, tractors, combines and so on. They don't exist. Why hammer the users, why not incentives the manufacturers to produce a cleaner alternative. 

I don’t care if they want more money, just take it fairly instead of propping up something that if it was normal business would be made to stand on it’s own two feet.

Eddie.

Edited by LGP Eddie
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, LGP Eddie said:

I don’t care if they want more money, just take if fairly instead of propping up something that if it was normal business would be made to stand on it’s own two feet.

Eddie.

Exactly my thoughts. The fact that everyone will be in the same boat will eliminate any ‘grey’ areas eligible for abuse.

• Like 1