t535li chain leaving rough cuts

Dilz

2 hours ago, billpierce said:

Probably not the best ad for the panther bars, doesnt really show a massive speed improvement, but it is definately a much finer cut on the 1/4 043 compared to the 3/8 043

It's really interesting to watch these two vids of the Makita and the wee Echo to compare the 2 chains from the users point of view.

I can say for sure just by watching that my msa 200 with the Stihl pm3 1/4"  0.043 has a higher chain speed and when sharp cuts considerably quicker than either.

But,.... I've become pissed off with the tiny chain which I've found to be too delicate, very little  clearance in the kerf and a pita.

In the year and a half that I've had it, it  very quickly  became my go to firewood saw and the semi chisel pm3 chain is it's weakest link imo, so I just got the stuff to convert it to 3/8 full chisel but not tried it yet but  looking forward to dropping 6 medium Birch, silently ? 

Jeez, the £15 quid is tempting..... but being an antique I don't possess the where with all ?

18 minutes ago, Dilz said:

Being based in Sweden the £30 shipping is a little off putting for anything other than a very large order. 

Yep - soon it will be free shipping to Sweden - and everywhere else in the world... however there will be a surcharge or % increase per country in price - this should make it fairer and then the price you see is the price you pay.

• Like 1

Dilz I have found the Panther bar and fiddly little chain from Rob so good I would have paid him an extra £15 postage.

Don’t tell him though.

I did invest in the Stihl 2 in 1 sharpener because it really does work at keeping the minuscule chain cutting well.

Pricey mind, but I’m worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a Panther bar this weekend from a swedish supplier. Just ran it through a couple of small bits in the log pile. first impressions Its made the husky eletric cut much nicer. Exactly how i want it. Makes me wonder still why the husky chain is so bad? do they just make bad chains so you pay extra for the x-cut???

• Like 1

Got a Panther bar this weekend from a swedish supplier. Just ran it through a couple of small bits in the log pile. first impressions Its made the husky eletric cut much nicer. Exactly how i want it. Makes me wonder still why the husky chain is so bad? do they just make bad chains so you pay extra for the x-cut???

Cos it's a husky!!!
??????
  • Like 1