hydraulic oil on feed rollers

BTS

i have Timberwolf 150 and today have noticed a large amount of hydraulic oil on the feed rollers any idea what could be the cause of this (does it mean one of the motors is faulty ) works fine a part from this, recently had top up of hydraulic oil and needs a new hydraulic air filter. 

You’ve forgotten more than I know for sure.

But wouldn’t it have to travel along the shaft (horizontally) to cover the rollers themselves?

edit: on a TW the hydraulics motors are abutting the rollers themselves.

I was visualizing my Forst where there is a shaft between them.

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, BTS said:

just taken the motors off and the bottom one has a dude seal 

Whilst you can re seal a motor. You'll find in most cases it'll only last a short period of time and then be back to square one. I don't think they are very expensive, Spectrum Plant will have them listed on their web shop.

The description of your issue strongly suggests that one of the roller hydraulic motors or associated hose / fitting  has developed a leak, as there are very few other ways of hydraulic oil making its way to the rollers.

It will require the guards removing and a thorough inspection to find the source of the leak. We recommend you get in touch with your nearest Timberwolf Dealer for assistance 

TIMBERWOLF-UK.COM

Timberwolf network of 17 dealers, 38 depots and over 250 Timberwolf-trained technicians ready to give expert support, help and advice.