Small processors

Big Beech

After owning a japa 700 I would take this any day , we did run a 280 before upgrading again to a bigger posch and in comparison are much more durable to the japa that just buckled .

ROVER.EBAY.COM

For sale is a very tidy Posch Spaltfix 280 firewood processor. Still has paint in the chamber and on the splitter. Excellent condition. Recently been serviced by Wilson's and not used since ,so is ready to go.

21 minutes ago, MattyF said:

After owning a japa 700 I would take this any day , we did run a 280 before upgrading again to a bigger posch and in comparison are much more durable to the japa that just buckled .

ROVER.EBAY.COM

For sale is a very tidy Posch Spaltfix 280 firewood...

Unfortunately I don't really ideally want to go the PTO route, as once this possibility has finished I'd ideally like something self powered.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I’m umming and arring about whether to take the plunge and join the processor club. 3 years ago I bought a 22tonne rock splitter to replace my fiskars x27 and never regretted it. I sell fairly small quantities of logs which all come from my arb arisings so rings and short lengths. I like the look of the farmi wp36 but I noticed on the riko brochure their comby processor. Marketed as budget and looks basic. Anyone had any experience? It would take me a couple of years if log sales to recoup a £7-8k investment on a processor and I’m not sure if it’s worth it

On 01/06/2020 at 21:29, jonnygurkha said:

I’m umming and arring about whether to take the plunge and join the processor club. 3 years ago I bought a 22tonne rock splitter to replace my fiskars x27 and never regretted it. I sell fairly small quantities of logs which all come from my arb arisings so rings and short lengths. I like the look of the farmi wp36 but I noticed on the riko brochure their comby processor. Marketed as budget and looks basic. Anyone had any experience? It would take me a couple of years if log sales to recoup a £7-8k investment on a processor and I’m not sure if it’s worth it

Hire in as you need it.

The WP 30/36 are great on arb stuff but it does mean more manual work as its all cut too short for the lifters.

PS the Combi looks very slow / labour intensive.

Edited by Justme
  • Like 1

Said it before Jonny, posche 280 or if you have a bigger tractor to lift it a 360, you probs need a log deck on the 360 though with the size it will handle but we used to cut all Arb waste in the 280 I have not really used the 360 so much in Arb waste.

• Like 1