Small processors

Big Beech

7 hours ago, Rough Hewn said:

This is his machine.

emoji106.png

2015 model so thats working at half speed. It should go forward as fast as it returned unless under heavy load then it slows and increases power. Easy adjustment to fix it

Edited by Woodworks

No looking at arb rings, as I'll break them down on my other machine..this wood be purely for pole lengths 4-8/10" stuff. Not worried about road towing as it can go on to the site via trailer.

Not ideally looking for sawing stuff sue to the diameter of materials so thinking this is the better route. What is the general output of that type of machine do you think with everything just right ?

11 minutes ago, Big Beech said:

No looking at arb rings, as I'll break them down on my other machine..this wood be purely for pole lengths 4-8/10" stuff. Not worried about road towing as it can go on to the site via trailer.

Not ideally looking for sawing stuff sue to the diameter of materials so thinking this is the better route. What is the general output of that type of machine do you think with everything just right ?

Perfect poles and no moving the logs 16 tonne lorry load is doable. I have yet to have perfect poles but have done 16 tonnes several times for biomass logs ie chunky and long. Normal day with the usual twisty hardwood and one helper with loader we do nearer 12 tonne of domestic sized logs

3 minutes ago, Woodworks said:

Perfect poles and no moving the logs 16 tonne lorry load is doable. I have yet to have perfect poles but have done 16 tonnes several times for biomass logs ie chunky and long. Normal day with the usual twisty hardwood and one helper with loader we do nearer 12 tonne of domestic sized logs

That's encouraging. The farm has a big telehandler onsite all day, mostly un occupied after the cows have been fed so could load the grab and slide them straight off. Like anything many hands make light work. I see it as something I can do in my own hopefully if it works out.

4 minutes ago, Big Beech said:

That's encouraging. The farm has a big telehandler onsite all day, mostly un occupied after the cows have been fed so could load the grab and slide them straight off. Like anything many hands make light work. I see it as something I can do in my own hopefully if it works out.

If you go for a Farmi make sure you get the log lifter extra. No need to load the logs individually onto the feed deck. We set up a couple of old telegraph poles at a slope to the machine. Load the poles up with all your lengths and roll them onto the lifter. Get a decent log pick to aid rolling them down to the machine. 

1 hour ago, Woodworks said:

Sounds like an old model or it was not working properly. The ones I have used have a 2 speed ram with 3.5 second cycle time

Ditto, should be much faster than that & you can half cycle as well for shorter logs.

54 minutes ago, Big Beech said:

I have the older wp30 & can do 25m3 in an 8 hour on site day including breaks.

Thanks for the input this far. Have been googling around this afternoon, watching YouTube videos. Some of the machines look very similar, guessing just rebranded. Looking around looks like I missed a Woodlands mill processor last year at good money ?