brainwashed Americans

dadio

I’ll be finding out first hand this year... after an 8 year battle I finally got my US Visa approved ! (Past misdeeds meant I am ineligible for a normal visa. and I didn’t want to lie on the ESTA )
Me and my American mrs are going on a 6 week road trip... [emoji41][emoji41]
Can’t wait. Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama, Louisiana, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and back to Iowa.
My in-laws are some of the nicest people I’ve ever met.
Most Americans I have met have been sound.

• Like 4

America is a place of extremes. I've been three times, and I've met some of the best and worst people in the world. When you have a country that is constituted of peoples who generally fled political, religious and economic persecution, you're inevitably going to get some oddballs. 

I'd love to spend more time there, roadtripping from one coast to the other, and I'd love to explore New England properly. That being said, the gun culture, the sunstance dependency issues and the lack of affordable healthcare terrify me. It's a country where if you've made it, you're fine, but there is no social equality, and if you're at the wrong end of the equation, your prospects are bleak. It's hilarious how often they deride the Nordic political model, given that Norway, Sweden et al are objectively far superior places to live. 

• Like 1

Guest Gimlet

Go and take a look at China some time. You won't feel quite so bad about Uncle Sam. 

Or maybe you will. People see what they want to see and make up the rest. 

Edited by Gimlet

They have certainly got God in a big way and you need to be very careful with heathen British attitudes

One thing that we have bigger than Americans is our gallon

Having said all that I love them, and at a certain level of society they are not only very generous, but very capable and their can do attitude is not to be sneered at.

They saved our bacon twice in the two World wars and have kept the peace in Europe.

• Like 3

Urm i think some of the stuff in the post you make are  consipracy theories....

Then, of course, there is Aids, which if you believe that it came from monkeys, see the above on brainwashing. That man-made virus killed 1.7 million in 2004 alone.

I would include vaccinations as a means of child abuse, and the suppression of new energy technologies and cancer cures.

JFK, Bobby Kennedy, MLK Jr, and the Oklahoma City Bombing, and 911,

So if you don't think all theese things are USA govermant plots you are brainwashed?

Edited by Stere
  • Like 2