brainwashed Americans

dadio

Here's a post from the tree house.. wondering what you all think about it:

Almost every American has been brainwashed about how great a country we are and how the founding fathers were like saints walking the earth. After I read "Bo" Gritz's book, "Called to Serve", I didn't sleep for a week. There is not much evil that this government does or could do that would surprise me now. But it takes waking up from the brainwashing, which most would rather fight for. It's like being de-programmed from a cult. It's extremely hard to shatter those belief systems. And they don't die easily. Once you wake up, it's hard to walk around pretending everything is OK, as 600,000 Iraqi civilians die at the hands of DIck Cheney and company, or 3+ million peasants in Vietnam, Cambodia, and Laos die at the hands of Henry Kissinger. Or the 1/3 of the population of East Timor that died at the hands of Ford, Kissinger, and Carter. And the countless deaths throughout South and Central America at the hands of Oliver North and many others. Bo estimates in his book that the US is responsible for somewhere around 50 million deaths post-WWII to 1992. Then, of course, there is Aids, which if you believe that it came from monkeys, see the above on brainwashing. That man-made virus killed 1.7 million in 2004 alone.

Then there is West Nile virus and Lyme disease, made on plum island, US biological weapons base, the Tuskegee experiment, the abandoning of POWs in WWI, WWII, Korea and Vietnam, and the assassination of JFK, Bobby Kennedy, MLK Jr, and the Oklahoma City Bombing, and 911, genocide in the American Indians, and stealing their children as a tool of cultural destruction, which happened until the late 1970's . CIA drug imports to shatter inner-city communities and pay for their black ops. mind control, sex slave experiments, the separation of children from their parents at the US border, slavery and the imprisonment of black males post-emancipation as a means of continuing the system of slave labor, the racially biased application of the death penalty.

And that's mostly just the non-controversial stuff. I would include vaccinations as a means of child abuse, and the suppression of new energy technologies and cancer cures. If your buttons are getting pushed here see the above on brainwashing.

• Like 2

I spend a lot of time on an American forum, which is fun and I enjoy the interaction.

Things I have learnt: Americans are not at all like British people, despite the language we have much more in common culturally and politically with our fellow Europeans.

That doesn’t mean I’m anti Brexit or anything, just my perception of how they/we think.

American worldview is similar to how we (the British) must have viewed the world in 1880, ie everyone else is little more than  a bunch of idiots desperately trying to find their way to the right way, aka the American way.

Religion (Christianity)  has a disproportionately large grip on their government  decision making.

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 10

There are good a bad folks everywhere as we all know.

I spent 6.5 months travelling around the US in ‘97.   I met some right strokers and I met some really cool people.

However, as with a lot of Americans views bigger is better.  The strokers were really bad and the cool kids were exceptionally cool.

I worked with one guy who told me regularly that they had won the war against the brits.  One day I got fed up of him going on about, so I told him to his face....

’you keep going in about a war as if it was a big event.  That’s because the US has little to no history, unlike Europe, so you were clinging onto minute facts.  When in reality you tipped a load of tea in a Harbour a said it was a war.  Mere skirmishes at best.  Where as in the UK we’re taught that we realised all the criminals had been shipped off to Oz and all the idiots to the America’s.  It dawned on us that it was a nation of idiots so we gave it back...’

i thought the redneck was gonna try and kill me until I couldn’t keep a straight face anymore and almost pissed myself laughing.  ???

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I’ll start by saying I’ve never been to America.

I want to, and I will do, but I haven’t been yet.

Plenty of mates there, and my Auntie and cousin have lived there for 30 years.

What I pick up from social media is that American arbs are arrogant know it all idiots.

Everything is ‘no biggie’ and ‘me and my crew would have had that down in a morning’.

Usually in response to a Brit who everyone knows is very good detailing a massive 3-day takedown.

The constant banging on about the 200T being the holy grail also grates on me.

The utter refusal to accept that they are anything but the best is pathetic, often threatening to fight (on the internet) anyone who disagrees with their views.

Maybe it’s because the good guys shy away from social media a bit more and are just out there getting the job done and getting on with fellow arbs?

You know this isn’t a dig at you Daniel, I have a lot of respect for you.

We haven’t always seen eye-to-eye but you’ve had the balls to put a lot of content up over the years and always fight your corner when questioned.

I have taken a lot from your input, and I’m grateful.

What is it someone said about Yanks and Brits - ‘Different people bound by a common language’.

Peace.

• Like 3