Choices, choices, choices

Midge

Ey Up folks, Ive got a decision to make on what top handle and ground saw to get! I can basically get any saw I want through work. I work as a Utility Arborist in the North of England so im not going to need any of the big boy saws. I prefer Husqvarna over Stihl so been considering the following........

Ground...

550 XP

540i XP

535i XP

Top Handle...

T535i XP

T540i XP

Is the extra money going to be worth it for the new battery saws? Are the ground battery saws capable/powerful enough for a full days work?

Considering battery saws for a variety of reasons and my top handle is definately going to be battery powered just wanting opinions.

Im currently leaning towards the 550 XP for ground and T535i for climbing. However, im drawn to having a battery ground saw but not sure of their capability.

Any opinions, thoughts and experiances are greatly appriciated!!

what are you going to be using the ground saw for? They are getting better and better now, especially the newer Stihls(don't have any experience with the Husky), but for my a sole ground saw i'd still be sticking with a petrol saw for the time being, unless you are just using it for snedding out for the chipper etc

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The ground saw will be used for everything you could think of. Felling smaller to larger stuff, snedding, brashing up, clearing under growth and all the usual stuff. 

Not sure if a battery saw would be robust enough. Not too worried about the battery life as I would just have 2 fully charged batteries for the day. 

550xp mk2 from your list.
I haven’t used any of the new top handle saws in anger. Still using my ms200 and spud tweaked echo 2511 which is epic.
Tbh I’d say you won’t go wrong with any of the brands but if you are just buying one I’d stick with a 2stroke machine at the moment. Battery saws are getting better but not good enough to be your only option at this time.

• Like 2