Fitting an hour meter

CrispyCrouton

Evening folks,

Recently took delivery of a Jensen 1500 and want to fit an hour meter for maintenance and servicing purposes (only done one impressive hour so far!).

Never fitted one before so after some advice and whether an analogue meter has any advantages over digital (less to go wrong?) Any suggested makes / model etc..

Any sound advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Crispy

29 minutes ago, CrispyCrouton said:

Evening folks,

Recently took delivery of a Jensen 1500 and want to fit an hour meter for maintenance and servicing purposes (only done one impressive hour so far!).

Never fitted one before so after some advice and whether an analogue meter has any advantages over digital (less to go wrong?) Any suggested makes / model etc..

Any sound advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Crispy

Just brought a stick on vibration hour meter from Amazon which works well. I am fitting them in addition to the hard wired one to catch out people who disconnect them claiming not to have used the machines when they actually have!

Don’t have any pics as I’ve since sold my cs100. From memory I used double sided take and stick it just below the fuel tank. There was a space where it fit perfectly.

its very simple to fit, just wrap the black wire around one of the HT leads a couple of times and your done. 

Don’t have any pics as I’ve since sold my cs100. From memory I used double sided take and stick it just below the fuel tank. There was a space where it fit perfectly.
its very simple to fit, just wrap the black wire around one of the HT leads a couple of times and your done. 
Nice one thanks.

I have one to fit but the instructions seem to indicate the insulated wire shouldn't touch the engine housing. Quite tricky to fit and have the cable suspended above the engine????
I think it's important the end of the wire doesn't ground on anything metal, but this should be on the HT lead so not a problem. I would think they don't want it touching the engine in case the insulation melts, it's not critical if it's touching other parts.