Tipper Fuse Blown

bolla

I recently (christmas time)bought an ex demo mitsubishi canter tipper,

I had the tipper body taken off and my old high sided body with old hydraulic ram and pump put on every thing has been working as it should untill today

Today after tipping a heavy full load the body would not come down i traced this to a blown fuse on the lead that comes from the battery,the fuse is 175 Amp Little fuse MEGA

This fuse the isolator switch and the up down switch are all oringal to the new vehicle ,is it possible the 175 amp fuse is good for say 1 ton tip if i try and tip 2 ton the fuse blows

if so can  i just put a bigger fuse if so how big ? or is it likely to be something else wrong

1 hour ago, doobin said:

It would likely have blown as it strained to tip if it were a heavy load causing it, and I’m not convinced that the pump draws many extra amps with a heavy load on but could be wrong. 

I’d start by checking the wiring for shorting. 

I possibly have not followed whether the tipper motor and ram were both transferred to the vehicle. If they were the heaviest loading would be when the pressure relief blew off and at this point the motor would be struggling and running slower and taking a higher current but no more than when on the other vehicle. On most of these electric-hydraulic pumps the spool valve and relief valve are built into the motor pump unit.

17 hours ago, openspaceman said:

I possibly have not followed whether the tipper motor and ram were both transferred to the vehicle. If they were the heaviest loading would be when the pressure relief blew off and at this point the motor would be struggling and running slower and taking a higher current but no more than when on the other vehicle. On most of these electric-hydraulic pumps the spool valve and relief valve are built into the motor pump unit.

Tipper motor and ram are off the old vehicle, the wiring including the 175amp fuse and switch gear were allready on the new vehicle. I never had a problem with the old set up but then I dont know what size fuse was in it.

I will try a slightly larger fuse

Thanks