Covid-19

Ratman

1 minute ago, eggsarascal said:

I'm not fixated, you talk nonsense, when you get pulled for it you don't like it, show us where 1500-2000 people each day have diied of Covid-19, if you can't I think it's a load of shit.

oh come on he's just said he thinks the death rate will increase from the current 400 odd per day.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

I'm not fixated, you talk nonsense, when you get pulled for it you don't like it, show us where 1500-2000 people each day have diied of Covid-19, if you can't I think it's a load of shit.

You are:

A) missing the point

B) not understanding how exponential growth rates work

We are in the early stages of a pandemic. There isn't anywhere that has experienced those death rates yet, but it's coming. The fundamental factor is that once people are put into ventilators, their survival rate is poor. 

The US will experience the worst of it I feel owing to Trump's cavalier attitude, the brutally unequal healthcare system and the late stage at which any form of lockdown or social distancing was implemented.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, tree-fancier123 said:

Are you of the opinion that China's graph hasn't really flat-lined at all - and the only major honest data is euro and US?

I don't know as regards China. Transparency isn't their strong suit, but they did implement containment on a level not really possible in western society.

• Like 2

China is gona drop a bomb (figure of speech OR a actual??!!!) on America yet! They planted it, rode it, survived it, thrived off it, (currently are making the most of it!) and will get the upper hand off it yet.... especially regards America as they are at logger heads with each other regards world trade etc!!! Just my take on it of course..... all will happen when America reaches its peak regards covid-19 and they are at there weakest, where everyone is in their quarantined areas, easy targets as in their masses etc. They’ll be calling trump out basically...... ?‍♂️ we’ll see!

14 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Nope, J said unequivocally that 1500-2000 people a day will die from Corvid-19, nonsne.

Italy has reported around a thousand in a day, similar order of magnitude. I dont think it was a silly prediction. No room for optimism - we need the detachment of dry as a dust bowl science. I hope he's on the high side too!

5 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

Nope, J said unequivocally that 1500-2000 people a day will die from Corvid-19, nonsne.

No I didn't:

6 hours ago, Big J said:

The reality is that a great many more people are infected that the stats suggest, but the death toll will increase substantially for at least another 2 weeks in the UK. I reckon it'll top out at 1500-2000 a day and then come down again, but that's just speculation.

The terms "I reckon" and "speculation" are anything but unequivocal. It's just a guess, based on the upward trajectory of the numbers. 

26 minutes ago, Big J said:

No I didn't:

The terms "I reckon" and "speculation" are anything but unequivocal. It's just a guess, based on the upward trajectory of the numbers. 

Geeez, I hope you're wrong. :( I know you also hope you're wrong.

Personally I cant see us getting into triple figures but we'll just have to wait and see. One thing's for sure is this is not going away any time soon and the lock-down will surely intensify. Its almost impossible to get a flight back into the UK now. Not a bad thing I guess? Will be very interesting to see where we are in 4 weeks time. 

The cure and resultant situation may well turn out to be more painful than the virus itself, loss of jobs and income and the more than likely  increase in mortgage defaults and devastation to many families etc. Taxation hikes for the masses will no doubt be applauded to support the NHS, regardless of its efficiency and management history. Currently I’m in that self employed loop hole that does not qualify for any assistance, we are living off last years tax money that was set aside, that in itself disqualified me from any form of financial assistance mind you not that I’ve even asked as my own opinion is if you can manage then you should do so and leave the assistance for those whom need it. 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1