Wilder Fury 2

Stubby

3 minutes ago, spuddog0507 said:

Wilders fight was over in round 3rd round when Fury put the split in Wilders left ear, after that Wilder was in trouble, and has any one heard any thing about Wilder since the fight, as he looked pretty beat up to me and blood pissing out your hear aint good for any one !,

He went to hospital I believe .

11 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Yes interesting that.

Fury says that he overtrained and was underweight for the last fight.

Ruiz shocked Joshua looking fat.

Natural endurance seems to be inherent.

Macgregor (not a boxer of course) looked completely exhausted against Leonard after a couple of rounds, despite a lot of training, certainly looked in shape.

The art of boxing is to hit without being hit. Fury is a boxer. He has the ring craft and he wastes less energy because of it. He out-boxed Wilder. I believe he put on weight deliberately for that fight and he used it to his advantage. His jabs were well timed and always had bodily momentum behind them and then he came in over the top of them with his right. And he threw fewer missed punches than Wilder. 

Wilder's right hand hay-makers are spectacular but they use an enormous amount of energy. Even more so if he misses with one and has to check the momentum and recover his balance. In comparison Fury was far more economical. He could exhaust a lot of fighters with his dodging and feinting just by making them overwork themselves. 

I do think though that Wilder was sunk by that right hook he took to the ear which looked to have badly ruptured his ear drum (at least you'd hope that was where the blood was coming from..) After that his balance was gone and he never really recovered and Fury took full advantage.

Edited by Gimlet

I’ve never rated Fury, but he boxed very well and really proved himself in this fight.

Wilder never recovered from the big hit to his ear early in the 3rd round - I reckon that damaged his eardrum/inner ear and affected his balance.

Fury dominated from the start, that was a great display and I am having to eat my words about his ability!

I have always rated Fury as a fighter. He is a good counter fighter who works off his jab and uses his massive reach both to work that jab and to defend himself and make it really difficult to hit him. I just love watching fighters who work off their jab, it seems to be a dying art in boxing these days almost.

He needs to fight AJ in the summer at Wembley. That would be amazing. But I don't see much of a fight in all honesty. Fury is the far superior boxer in my opinion but Brit vs Brit for undisputed would be great.

Whilst I do seem very pro Fury, I'm actually not. In my head a cheater is always a cheater. But he is a good boxer to watch.

I like the way Fury can adapt and change his style to suit the situation, he’s the ultimate boxing ‘chameleon’. The way he cuts and sections the ring off with his footwork for such a big guy is incredible to watch.
Every aspect of his craft has something to be admired, including his ability to play ‘head-games’ with his opponent.
Can’t wait for his next fight.

• Like 2