Just got pulled

eggsarascal

4 minutes ago, EdwardC said:

Boris the puppet's promise for an extra 20,000 police officers.

Being stopped can get a bit onerous, especially when you haven't done anything wrong. I was once stopped on my way home from work at one of plods regular sites. Where have you been, work, where are you going, home, well here's a seven day producer. Went home, that took 30 seconds, got my documents and set off to the police station. Got stopped again at the same place, where have you been, home, where are you going, police station, why, to show them my documents because you've just given me a producer, ok. Went to police station where the desk officer was more interested in the 250 Ducati I had. Anyway, after a good 20 minutes chat I set off home. Was pulled again at the same place again, where have you been, police station, why, to show my documents because you gave me a producer. Don't you remember, this is the third time in 40 minutes youve pulled me. Are there so many 250 Ducatis painted the colour of the Italian flag driving around that you don't recognise me?

Yes, that's tedious, but I got pulled because of an alleged crime which in my mind isn't a bad thing. What puzzles me, and I've driven the length of the lane today to check, there isn't a bin apart from one dog shit bin and that's not been on fire. After thought I suppose it could be a domestic bin in someone's garden.

7 hours ago, benedmonds said:

This makes you look suspicious as hell.  The police are not the enemy. If you are being a law abiding citizen why would you not just be helpful and not waste their time by pretending your some drug dealer who knows his rights..

.....read 'The Secret Barrister ' and get back to me . K

7 hours ago, David Cropper said:

Surely the same must apply if the police pull in a couple of travellers with "tree surgeon" gear in the vehicle? Or is it just for the self righteous who never do wrong? How many times have we heard on here that the cops do sod all to stop and search wrong uns. One rule for everybody. If you've done nothing wrong why complain? Absolute bollocks.

Read 'The Secret Barrister ' an get back to me . K

8 hours ago, Khriss said:

A: you do Not have to give a discription of yr movements / occupation / personal details to  Police office. 

B: They have ti give a valid reason for stopping you.( unless Section 60 in place)  I usually leap out the car. Put hivis on an lock car. (this disconcerts them) 

? be courteous but offer nothing. 

K

They did give me a reason for stopping me, if you don't give them details they are perfectly within their rights to arrest you for obstruction. If you get arrested and interviewed that's when you choose wether to say anything or not.

11 hours ago, Khriss said:

A: you do Not have to give a discription of yr movements / occupation / personal details to  Police office. 

B: They have ti give a valid reason for stopping you.( unless Section 60 in place)  I usually leap out the car. Put hivis on an lock car. (this disconcerts them) 

? be courteous but offer nothing. 

K

Ooh aren't you tough! "Usually"? How many times have you had to refuse to cooperate?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Rough Hewn said:

It's a sales opportunity,
20% discount on tree work for members of the emergency services.
Hand them a business card,
ask about their tree problems.
Do they do any woodwork?
Got some lovely oak......
emoji12.pngemoji106.png

I respect the law and they’ve got a job to do.

I don’t know about the Uk but over here they are one of the the worst to do work for. Especially the older ones.

massive sense of entitlement, .

ive been stung for extras a few times and slow payments, even one non payer.

anymore I jack up the quotation and hope someone else gets educated