Nptc plant machinery course or cpcs

Carl1991

1 minute ago, roseyweb said:

100% agree only it needs to be lead by lads on seats in muddy boots not training providers rubbing there hands, 

Need an Association of De-Veg Contractors or the like to begin to push back and get some of this sorted out, rather than having it thrust upon us by people who’ve never done it but think they can pull it under their umbrella for more revenue.

It’s not Forestry, it’s not Arb, Mechanised De-Vegetation I’d say is the best description of what is an ever growing industry and it comes with it’s own issues.

Eddie.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, LGP Eddie said:

Need an Association of De-Veg Contractors or the like to begin to push back and get some of this sorted out, rather than having it thrust upon us by people who’ve never done it but think they can pull it under their umbrella for more revenue.

It’s not Forestry, it’s not Arb, Mechanised De-Vegetation I’d say is the best description of what is an ever growing industry and it comes with it’s own issues.

Eddie.

Sounds perfect 

Whens the first meeting?

I'll get the wife to bake some cakes, 

I nominate you for chairman 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, roseyweb said:

Sounds perfect 

Whens the first meeting?

I'll get the wife to bake some cakes, 

I nominate you for chairman 

No thanks, I’m happy pulling the levers, but I’d have no issues sitting down with other Contractors, HSE, CPCS etc and see if we could actually clear a path to something like the Demolition Industry model.

They now lead the way in utilising machines and attachments to undertake projects, and have managed to turn what was perceived as the absolute cowboys of the Industry, into a professional industry able to almost self regulate and provide best practices.

Or we could just leave it to FISA and the HSE because if it involves Trees it must be Forestry!

Eddie.

• Like 1

Hi been reading the above replies and some makes sense but some of it dont, some one quoted £1500 for a CPCS course, what does that course involve for that sort of money ? or is this just day light robbery !, i dont know that much about these NPORS or CPCS tickets but i am doing a NPTC FMOC digger ticket next wed for a digger with timber grab and then swap to bucket for trenching, ditching and mounding, bearing in mind i all ready have the timber grab ticket with the forwarding trailer ticket but the cost for the rest is £210 so not bad price really,

LGP said above that FMOC not reconised on sites which i can understand and the same is reversed, one forestry co i sub to wont accept CPCS tickets they have to be FMOC, my thoughts on this is some of these organisations are just a money making raquet and is it really fair on the average working man who is just trying to climb the ladder and open another door but them rungs on that ladder are so far apart it makes it difficult climb,

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, LGP Eddie said:

Where do you actually intend to work??

Yes you can find yourself in the situation of needing both FMOC and CPCS cards.

Your thoughts are like everyone else’s!

Eddie.

Just with in the bounderys of forestry me and thats how it will stay as i cant do with all the hassel these days, and not interested in site work as been there done that, it just seems to be getting harder for some lads to better there selfs as for some lads £1500 wont be a easy find then they wounder why there is a shortage of machine drivers, brother in law works for a ground works company his boss bought 2 new 20 tonne Case machines and 8 months later they are still sat in the yard and never been out