Nptc plant machinery course or cpcs

Carl1991

Hi all, can anyone tell me if the above course will allow me to use a digger on site work? We have a 2.7t volvo with rota grab and theres plenty of site work coming up in the future, but I'm not sure if I will still require a cpcs card under 10t to use it?

The nptc is broken down into 2 Units, pre use safety and 360 excavator.

Many thanks

There are two digger tickets to work on site npors and cpcs, the cpcs is expensive the npors not so much it will depend on the site as to which they accept some sites accept self certification just to prove training on the machine. Personally I would get the npors if needed you can upgrade to a cpcs by doing the nvq 

Yeah, the cpcs is around 1500 quid and from what I've seen, the nptc is around 400. Some sites are sound, rock up and crack on, others want to know everything down to your shoe size and what you had for tea all week. I'll try and make some calls monday and see what I can find out. Ultimately the cpcs will guarantee I can use it on site, thanks

You can convert npors to cpcs, so it’s basically

NPORS.COM

Apply for your NPORS/CSCS card today! Get One | Get In | Get On The Key to Getting Your Job Done In...

Do over 10 tonne it should get you both categories in one.

Eddie.

Edited by LGP Eddie

2 hours ago, Matthew Storrs said:

I have the NPORS ticket- never been asked to see it mind!

All depends where you work, pulled this week for all tickets/daily check sheets/machine 12 monthly and sling loler certs.

Given a sticker for my hat to confirm all was in order.

It’s just how it is these days, all boxes were ticked, they wouldn’t have given a toss if I’d never sat in that brand of machine, got my ticket in a raffle last week or used the attachment before, as long as everything was present and correct.

Eddie.

• Like 2

Get Npors 

I use to have CPCS and like the CSCS there a shower of shite bunch of faudsters out to pinch as much of your cash as possible. 

Npors was great we had a test in our yard on our machine, we also got grab put on the ticket, if i turned up to site and they did't except i would quite happily walk of site (and have threatened to be before until they realised they could get no one else to do it) 

Some sites who only accept cscs are usually in on the CITB racket which i think may have changed recently, and usually those clients you would't want to work on for anyway, 

I've used npors on Kier, Volkers, Rail and loads of other sites so should be no problem 

I'm not anti tickets i'm actually pro, I'm anti extortion 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, roseyweb said:

Get Npors 

I use to have CPCS and like the CSCS there a shower of shite bunch of faudsters out to pinch as much of your cash as possible. 

Npors was great we had a test in our yard on our machine, we also got grab put on the ticket, if i turned up to site and they did't except i would quite happily walk of site (and have threatened to be before until they realised they could get no one else to do it) 

Some sites who only accept cscs are usually in on the CITB racket which i think may have changed recently, and usually those clients you would't want to work on for anyway, 

I've used npors on Kier, Volkers, Rail and loads of other sites so should be no problem 

I'm not anti tickets i'm actually pro, I'm anti extortion 

As said before the NPORS and CPCS are now working together, you get an NPORS with CPCS logo.

Stamp your feet all you like, many won’t let you on without a CSCS element of some form.

Can’t see the issue, do the ticket they want and charge accordingly.

I had a Client insist on SafeContractor or absolutely no go whatsoever.

No problem, straight on the invoice or I’m not coming!

Time it was all shook up anyway and went the way of Demolition, where the Industry got together to work out best practice and guide the HSE and Card Schemes to produce something worthwhile.

We’re stuck in the crazy situation where loads go for FMOC and for sites nobody would look at it, a basic CPCS will cover you no problem.

Oh and don’t forget your £££ Safety Critical Medical, must be under 2 years from date for many now!?

Eddie.

Edited by LGP Eddie

48 minutes ago, LGP Eddie said:

Time it was all shook up anyway and went the way of Demolition, where the Industry got together to work out best practice and guide the HSE and Card Schemes to produce something worthwhile.

100% agree only it needs to be lead by lads on seats in muddy boots not training providers rubbing there hands,