The "Woodsure Ready To Burn Scheme"????

cessna

On 21/02/2020 at 22:18, cessna said:

Are any of you members  of the Hetas  , "Woodsure Ready to Burn Scheme" ,or were you a member but found it difficult to comply with the schemes  requirements.

Please send me a message  rather than posting on here if you have had some issues with the scheme. Many thanks

I ask as considering applying to be a member of the scheme, but in all honesty  think some of my fire wood will not meet the schemes criteria if they come and have a "spot check" out of the blue!!!!!  

I had some communications with Hetas regarding the Woodsure scheme some years ago as a large company supplying kiln dried logs was approved under the scheme but having significant quality control issues at the time (I know that because their customers were coming to me).

They said they did not have a mechanism for customers to complain to them, and that as long as the company was compliant on the day of inspection that was all they were interested in (and the fee of course).

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Stillburning said:

I had some communications with Hetas regarding the Woodsure scheme some years ago as a large company supplying kiln dried logs was approved under the scheme but having significant quality control issues at the time (I know that because their customers were coming to me).

They said they did not have a mechanism for customers to complain to them, and that as long as the company was compliant on the day of inspection that was all they were interested in (and the fee of course).

This is 100% not the case now.

They have a robust system for dealing with complaints and be aware that they categorically carry out unannounced 'spot checks'.

More than enough funding, revenue streams etc are coming their way to enforce the regulations, which are to tighten up even further in due course. ?

Edited by arboriculturist

23 minutes ago, swinny said:

Is this going to be a must from Apr 2021?

Spoken to them on several occasions - set in stone - no backtracking / amendments. They are not interested in the effects on businesses whatsoever - which is depressing for many many producers. Even some in the 100's m3 a year have had enough, far far easier ways to earn a living they are thinking, which is of course without doubt true ?

Edited by arboriculturist

10 minutes ago, arboriculturist said:

Spoken to them on several occasions - set in stone - no backtracking / amendments. They are not interested in the effects on businesses whatsoever - which is depressing for many many producers. Even some in the 100's m3 a year have had enough, far far easier ways to earn a living they are thinking, which is of course without doubt true ?

Right cheers for that. So ok for this coming winters stock then after that only orders 2 cube and over or give up?

2 minutes ago, swinny said:

Right cheers for that. So ok for this coming winters stock then after that only orders 2 cube and over or give up?

Mmm - debatable, as immediately the headlines hit I had customers phone to check our wood complied now, as they didn't want anything else  - "as it says in the news only < 20% MC is allowed and its very bad if any higher " and getting more similar day by day. Not a clue comes to mind, which is even more dismal ?

6 minutes ago, arboriculturist said:

Mmm - debatable, as immediately the headlines hit I had customers phone to check our wood complied now, as they didn't want anything else  - "as it says in the news only < 20% MC is allowed and its very bad if any higher " and getting more similar day by day. Not a clue comes to mind, which is even more dismal ?

Did you not tell them it is exactly the same as they have been getting from you over the years  and will burn exactly the same ?

12 hours ago, arboriculturist said:

First 3 customers I spoke with about this were all happy to take 2 cube loads and they would find space for the extra cube. Sure it will vary around the country as to how much customers can take at a time