The "Woodsure Ready To Burn Scheme"????

cessna

2 hours ago, swinny said:

How do they plan to police this? 

Is it still the case of supply 2 cube and say it still needs seasoning?

I think this time it will be like CV19 - there will be no escaping, you will be found.

All the Agencies will be working in collaboration LPA, VOSA , EA, DEFFRA, Police  etc. etc. etc. you name it - they have got this covered.

Is it still the case of supply 2 cube and say it still needs seasoning? - Sorry, this time from what I understand, that won't cut it.

Not forgetting that the legislation, now enshrined in law and on the 'Statute Books' gives the power to issue fixed penalty notices for offences without the need for a conviction, plus fines escalate for repeat offenders.

Unless you are prepared to tow the line it looks like game over. Not a great start unfortunately to 2021 for some.

I am sure however , that new doors will open for many as there are far easier ways to earn a living.

7 minutes ago, arboriculturist said:

I think this time it will be like CV19 - there will be no escaping, you will be found.

All the Agencies will be working in collaboration LPA, VOSA , EA, DEFFRA, Police  etc. etc. etc. you name it - they have got this covered.

Is it still the case of supply 2 cube and say it still needs seasoning? - Sorry, this time from what I understand, that won't cut it.

Not forgetting that the legislation, now enshrined in law and on the 'Statute Books' gives the power to issue fixed penalty notices for offences without the need for a conviction, plus fines escalate for repeat offenders.

Unless you are prepared to tow the line it looks like game over. Not a great start unfortunately to 2021 for some.

I am sure however , that new doors will open for many as there are far easier ways to earn a living.

Any links to all this info? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, arboriculturist said:

Not that I know of - I am informed as I am on their system.

Always best to give them a call for an update on the current situation, however a lot are working from home now.

Sorry but it has to be written down somewhere. How do we not know that this is scaremongering bullshit? Has to be written down somewhere for us to make informed decisions. This info should be publicly available

• Like 2

I don't think there is any scaremongering going on.

By now most people will have visited their website, after all this has been on the cards for at least 4 years now and all the legislation has been  passed and can be accessed with a few clicks of a mouse - we all know how to do it.

I like to be well informed, so I have been following this for years.

Like I say, anyone who has any further questions beyond what is online can give them a ring, that's what I did originally.

25 minutes ago, arboriculturist said:

Having looked at the woodsure site, I see no reason why you can’t sell over 2m3 so long as accompanied with the lengthy declaration regarding home seasoning. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, headgroundsman said:

How many tons of wet wood are burnt in a kiln to produce this dry wood? What about those particulates. It beggers belief how wrong this is on so many levels

Generally kilns need to be fuelled with dry wood and the emmisions from those boilers are far lower than domestic log burners because they're so efficient in comparison so very few.

It looks like the rules are only going to apply to England for now but it's surprising how many people haven't heard of them. They're certainly not being advertised very well and the only people I can see listening to them are those who are doing a good job anyway.

I can't see the police pulling over random tree surgeons and pickups to test logs day to day. 

54 minutes ago, gdh said:

Generally kilns need to be fuelled with dry wood and the emmisions from those boilers are far lower than domestic log burners because they're so efficient in comparison so very few.

It looks like the rules are only going to apply to England for now but it's surprising how many people haven't heard of them. They're certainly not being advertised very well and the only people I can see listening to them are those who are doing a good job anyway.

I can't see the police pulling over random tree surgeons and pickups to test logs day to day. 

I know of one that was chipping arb waste to fire his kiln and for every 4 buckets of this chip he added a bucket of the clean dried chip to get a good burn. A sinful waste of wood and energy. Anyone that says burning wood is zero carbon obviously does not understand that burning more wood to get dry wood is a waste of energy

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, headgroundsman said:

I know of one that was chipping arb waste to fire his kiln and for every 4 buckets of this chip he added a bucket of the clean dried chip to get a good burn. A sinful waste of wood and energy. Anyone that says burning wood is zero carbon obviously does not understand that burning more wood to get dry wood is a waste of energy

It depends on the boiler, some are designed to take wetter wood. Even then it's better to burn it there than on a traditional log burner because they have systems like turbulators to return the exhaust gases.