Stolen saws and kit bag

DTaylor

24 minutes ago, DTaylor said:

Just had a stihl 200 husqvarna 560xp and courant climbing bag with petzl sequoia harness and drenaline rope stolen from a shipping container near just south of Bristol. Gutted. Boss had even more taken. Call me on 07538886491 if you know anything

Bad news again,feel for ya:thumbdown:

• 10 months later...

Sorry to hear this. I am sure this could be resolved with the technology currently available if only the police were interested.

Recently I read a BBC News article about this company Soar who allow the public to view satellite images in near on real time , basically if outside we are all being continually watched by these satellites, I think I read that they can see something as small as 50cm....So if the police got the images from the time frame the items were nicked they may see a vehicle that was used to get away from the scene of the crime. they could then follow the vehicle via the satellites or use ground cctv for the number plates once the vehicle passes a known ground cam.

Maybe you could try to access these sat cams yourself? 

This tech is scary in that we no longer have any privacy at all outside ever again but for solving a lot of crime its a winner ... I think with drones taking statements(another article i read somewhere) and this tech the policeman/woman person will be a thing of the past in the not too distant future,they are going to turn into CCTV operators.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, woodlover2 said:

Sorry to hear this. I am sure this could be resolved with the technology currently available if only the police were interested.

Recently I read a BBC News article about this company Soar who allow the public to view satellite images in near on real time , basically if outside we are all being continually watched by these satellites, I think I read that they can see something as small as 50cm....So if the police got the images from the time frame the items were nicked they may see a vehicle that was used to get away from the scene of the crime. they could then follow the vehicle via the satellites or use ground cctv for the number plates once the vehicle passes a known ground cam.

Maybe you could try to access these sat cams yourself? 

This tech is scary in that we no longer have any privacy at all outside ever again but for solving a lot of crime its a winner ... I think with drones taking statements(another article i read somewhere) and this tech the policeman/woman person will be a thing of the past in the not too distant future,they are going to turn into CCTV operators.

They can make trackers that will run for month odd that are tiny.One friend got to track contractor that was taking piss with not doing what charged for on site calls as X takes so long but they wasn't there and turned out had just changed labels on units! so trialling it stuck it on GF's car scary amount of info that it provided from something size of match box! speeds/routes/moving or not/alert as move/average speeds/total speeds/aggregate speeds/over lay of routes and much more.

cheap also runs of a data sim.

Theres also Telemetric ones that track via few methods ie GPS and RF

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Scottish Cleaning Service said:

Most of the gypos vans are not registered and where does the police/PF send the summon's too if they have NFA (no fixed abode) I learned a lot when I worked as a prison officer from the lags, very intelligent bunch of guys when it came to criminal law. Some of them knew more than the lawyers defending them and they had to educate their lawyers on precedents. 🤔

Are you sure this wasn't just jail talk, NFA means you can't get insurance. Any police car with ANPR would pick them up, surely you aren't suggesting they are running about in new vans that aren't insured?

2 minutes ago, Scottish Cleaning Service said:

They live in a caravan and what if the police stop them they are on there way to register the van they just bought off their brother. The UK is set up on trust and everyone having a home so important documents can be sent to the recipient. That's the reason they are continually on the move because its a nightmare to police. 

I live in a 7.5ton truck, doesn't mean I don't have access to a C/O address. If they were pulled with no address, no insurance and an unregistered vehicle it would be seized.

Jail talk, nothing more. There are plenty of members here who will tell you I've lived amongst gypsies, the picture you paint isn't how the vast majority of them roll.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Scottish Cleaning Service said:

After watching a programme on TV about them and the murder on PC Harper this has painted a very different picture of them on the media. I understand 95% of them will be good but the bad 5% spoil it for the rest. It costs about a grand to keep a person in prison for a week. The UK Gov passed a bill so the police don't need to attend when a shoplifter gets caught stealing items under £200. Britain has been heading in the wrong direction when it comes to crime and law and order because the prisons are overcrowded. Everything in life revolves around money, I wish it didn't but it does I'm afraid.

The prisons are full because we don't rehabilitate people in our prisons, yes prisoners can go to the workshop or education, this is not rehabilitation!, neither is banging 'em up 23 hours a day. Most prisoners are reoffenders, the prison system doesn't work.

Off topic but it keeps the stolen gear at the top of the pile.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

The prisons are full because we don't rehabilitate people in our prisons, yes prisoners can go to the workshop or education, this is not rehabilitation!, neither is banging 'em up 23 hours a day. Most prisoners are reoffenders, the prison system doesn't work.

Off topic but it keeps the stolen gear at the top of the pile.

3 strikes and life meaning life as in USA.

recidivism zero.