Environment bill 2020

On 21/02/2020 at 17:43, Stubby said:

So . Light your kiln with wet wood, to dry some other wood to sell . Sell dry wood to Mrs Miggins and tip it on her drive in the pissing rain .  Yea . Makes sense .

That's about the size of it bud, I used to cover my logs for delivery, drive past 2 days later and see them stacking rain soaked logs in the garage.

Yet the first question they ask is, "are they dry", felt like saying "they were dry when I left them on your fucking driveway"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We wrote an article last week for our customers as many read the crazy headlines of stove bans. Now the dust has settled might be worth a read:-

No ban on wood-burning stoves, repeat no ban on wood-burning stoves

We thought it best to get the main headline across in response to the disgraceful reporting of the government’s “wet wood ban” by some areas of the UK media. Those who follow our blog will be aware we have written about the pitiful standard of reporting when it comes to wood-burning stoves and air pollution. So, rather than publish an article of our opinion let us take a look at the truth behind the headlines.

WWW.BOWLANDSTOVES.CO.UK

We thought it best to get the main headline across in response to the disgraceful reporting of the government’s “wet wood...

#woodburners #wood

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

What happens to all the people that have multi fuel stoves fitted with the medium grade liners that aren't suitable for the higher temperatures of smokeless fuel?

Probably 95% of owners won't even question the quality of their liner after its fitted, and with the change to smokeless looming, will we see issues with chimney fires caused by burnt out liners?

What happens to all the people that have multi fuel stoves fitted with the medium grade liners that aren't suitable for the higher temperatures of smokeless fuel?
Probably 95% of owners won't even question the quality of their liner after its fitted, and with the change to smokeless looming, will we see issues with chimney fires caused by burnt out liners?

And that’s a good point. When I had my first multi fuel stove fitted and didn’t really know a lot about them, I was never asked/advised about what grade flue I should have. If It had been discussed with me then I would have definitely chosen 904 to future proof it and give me the option of burning smokeless in the future considering it is a multi fuel stove.