Would the government dare introduce a stove tax?

don't get me started on this whole eco shit.

take a biomass boiler, it costs loads more to make the boilers, they are huge

to make the chip, all the equipment to harvest it, chip it, sell it, deliver it to site, move it from lorry to storage (alot of the time can't tip)

and they want to stop the local guy cutting and splitting a few logs by hand to put on his fire to help heat his house and they want to tax him for doing that

anything that is 'good for the environment' all you are doing is relocating where the 'damage' is done. it's the same with anything

if you are running something 'eco friendly' to heat your house, there is just another few harvester's running round the woods to fuel your biomass or a few more factories in the country side making more metal to make the bigger, heavy, more expensive, less reliable air source heat pumps. 

rather than your little gas boiler or log burner puffing out a couple of fumes at your house...

the fumes you are now not letting out of your house, there is 50x the amount puffing out in the country side to make it possible for you to run your 'eco friendly' system

electric cars, yes there is no exhaust, amazing, but have u seen the massive coal fired power stations running the factories to make the car and make the electricity to power your car? oh and those extra mines for making those batteries and all the extra haulage...... oh yes but they are still produce '0 emissions'  -  do they ever!!!! they are worse

it's all a load of bollocks..... just coal roll a diesel truck for work, run a filthy chipper, heat your house with a boiler, light your fire when u want eat keep eating meat.

i feel better now!! :thrasher:

has greta gone back to school yet?? :thefinger:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, BowlandStoves said:

Personally I dont think they have an argument but I can imagine eco friendly groups pushing harder and harder for a stove tax in the future. I would be interested to hear any views.

I don't like being lectured about how I should live my life by a bunch of eco hypocrites that fly half way round the globe to cause disruption because it happens to be  the fashionable thing to do.

They can foxtrott oscar as far as Im concerned.

Edited by NFG
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

Personally i think it will come a day when we have a stove tax, why because as more people turn to wood stoves as a heating source they are not using gas oil or electric which all have 5% VAT on them, most of the firewood/logs in the UK are sold buy tree surgeons as a by product from waste they have taken away from paid jobs, OK some lads dont do much but others do do a fair amount and as most of the payment is in beer tokens and thats how its been for the last 45 yrs that i can remember, and if the payment for logs continues as it is and as the gas,oil and electric sales very slowly fall away the government are missing out on there slice of the pie, so the only way to ensure they get there slice is to TAX the home owner who hears there house with wood. And one thing i was told many many years ago buy an elderly gent was it dont matter how much money you have or have,t got the government will allways find a way to take it away from you and he allways said cash is king,

10 hours ago, Stihl123 said:

electric cars, yes there is no exhaust, amazing, but have u seen the massive coal fired power stations running the factories to make the car and make the electricity to power your car?

errrrrr no, I haven’t. :- )

But I have seen this though......  

94D1576E-5E28-41DB-88F9-8B5BD01D6BE9.thumb.jpeg.7cf8bad517e01e6ca1ded313a0bf878a.jpeg

Sources of UK Electricity 9 minutes ago.

we are probably getting more nuclear electricity from France, than we are getting Electricity from burning coal. 

61D86C5A-BDA9-43E4-BD4B-630112F71385.thumb.jpeg.fa45b4f1542912396cbbe79e998dc4c3.jpeg

UK coal usage for electricity generation over last 24 hours.  

A mere 5% from coal ( brownish smudge 3rd from bottom of graph).  Absolutely dwarfed by wind ( light blue, 4th from bottom.

10 hours ago, Bolt said:

errrrrr no, I haven’t. :- )

But I have seen this though..

Don't kid yourself our country isn't burning coal. Everything we buy is made in China who power everything from coal. The coal being shifted from Australia to China has to be seen to be believed.

We may not charge electric cars up using coal but we certainly use shitloads to make the cars in the first place. 

Our consumerism is driving a massive coal burning economy. I'm all in favour of UK electric being pretty green and it's a good example to others. We are absolutely pissing in the wind with it unless we look at the bigger picture. 

It's like becoming vegan to save the world from cows farting and then chopping down the Amazon rain forest to grow soya.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1