Chipper/shredder for large garden

Guest Gimlet

Another option would be for him to put all the leaves, hedge clippings, small stuff straight on the compost. Save up all the bigger stuff and hire in a decent machine once or twice a year.

Or make charcoal/bio char for the garden?

I think that's what he's going to do. He coughed at £1000 never mind 2K. 

I think he's going to buy a Chinese Titan. Be interesting to see how long it lasts. 

He doesn't even want to build a compost clamp. I think he's hoping he can just blow stuff into the hedge and forget about it. I've told him that's just going to make a terrible mess and damage his hedges and suppress desirable wild species. 

I'll price him up building some compost clamps and talk him into it..

1 minute ago, Dbikeguy said:

I’d be hiring a machine in or a guy with a CS100 a couple of times a year, no service costs, no blade changes etc just like the branches until needed, ive done a couple of jobs for people like that with mine

I'm thinking of getting one myself for that reason. 

Are any of these shredders actually a shredder or are they all small versions of a wood chipper with knives? I could do with something to put the rakings through but it would have to be a proper shredder that could handle a few stones and a bit of dirt .

Bob