Advice on cage type drive trailers

I’ve got a ten ton forwarding trailer that we use behind our Valtra. On a few of our sites recently there hasn’t been any option other than uphill extraction but as it’s just a drag trailer I’ve had to either take smaller loads or wait until the ground dries up.

There is the option to add the cage type of drive system to the trailer but I’d like to hear from people who have used them first, how effective are they in the real world? 

I use a 14t Farma drive trailer at work. It’s great, but only really able to use it as a get you out of the proverbial. The speed of the motors only drive the wheels at the speed of just over idle in first gear. So would probably take all day to get up that hill.
Don’t get me wrong, it’s very good and has got me out of trouble many times. Sounds like a trailer with hub drive would suit you better. Other trailers may have a proportional valve or something to speed up the drive, I only have experience with this one.

Thanks for the response. That’s great, it’d just be for the extra help when the tractor has lost all traction rather than for actually moving around with. This sort is the only one available for my trailer and I’m not in the position to upgrade the whole thing just yet. Do they help when it’s loaded right up or is it more just to get yourself out when empty? 
I’ve seen them on one trailer but I don’t think they matched the tyre treads properly or the tyres were too worn as they just seemed to spin on the tyres rather than actually drive them. 

Thanks for the response. That’s great, it’d just be for the extra help when the tractor has lost all traction rather than for actually moving around with. This sort is the only one available for my trailer and I’m not in the position to upgrade the whole thing just yet. Do they help when it’s loaded right up or is it more just to get yourself out when empty? 
I’ve seen them on one trailer but I don’t think they matched the tyre treads properly or the tyres were too worn as they just seemed to spin on the tyres rather than actually drive them. 

The one I use is a very positive engagement and will push the 200hp tractor along in neutral. Only time it’s needed is when I’ve got a full load on, so yes it gets you out when loaded.
I would imagine if the trees are too worn it wouldn’t work as well, but haven’t found it a problem yet (trailer is 3.5years old)