Hydraulic repair norfolk

Marsh Monkey

33 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

It's against the trade's code of practice to repair or re end hoses so very unlikely to get it done.

I too found them the best solution as carrying a pipe "crimper" around was not possible. I kept an ammo box of various sizes and ends, I even brazed some special ones on the spot to get a haulier out of trouble.

Again these reusable fittings are deprecated by the trade's COP so tend to be strictly DIY. My ammo box with fitting was "mislaid" by a fitter at my old work so recommendations for a supplier needed as I get my old machines up together.

I originally used a 7V angle grinder which just about had the energy to make a cut either side of a burst, how things have changes with a Li-ion powered angle grinder running for many times longer nowadays. Later I carried a cheap 900W generator for such work.

reusable fittings from whitehouse products they are on the Clyde at Port Glasgow a very helpful company and if you order before 3pm you will have it by 10am morning after and if you ask for a catalouge it is full of every thing hydraulic related and there not expensive either, and batterys yes was on standard ones and before Christmas got some Li-ion ones and as i would change the battery about 3 times in a day using the standard ones  i dont change it at all now with the Li-ion ones and its still showing 50% charge, Tech has left me behind a while ago i am afraid, for me its old Tractors pick ups and trucks as when it goes wrong i can sort it out but some newer stuff i am totaly        F - - - - D and have to pay someone to sort it out but i am learning slowly,

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Marsh Monkey said:

Just wondered if anyone knows who is most reasonable in Norwich for pipe repairs got stung for my last repair wondered if there's any recommendations

I use my local agricultural engineering company near Dereham, the last hose I had made for the loader cost 18 pounds all in and done while I waited.

9 hours ago, difflock said:

I too rate the Whitehouse service, phoned them about sommat and the phone was quickly answered by a knowledgable bloke who was most helpful, I also like their printed catologue(though I have not had reason to use it)

Whitehouse have been fantastic for the time i have been using them and thats about 10 years give or take, they have all so been very helpful with pumps and hydraulic motors as well but the only problem for me with whitrhouse is that there is a bit of a communication break down between us as they are north of the boarder and i am south of it, 

reusable fittings from whitehouse products they are on the Clyde at Port Glasgow a very helpful company and if you order before 3pm you will have it by 10am morning after and if you ask for a catalouge it is full of every thing hydraulic related and there not expensive either, and batterys yes was on standard ones and before Christmas got some Li-ion ones and as i would change the battery about 3 times in a day using the standard ones  i dont change it at all now with the Li-ion ones and its still showing 50% charge, Tech has left me behind a while ago i am afraid, for me its old Tractors pick ups and trucks as when it goes wrong i can sort it out but some newer stuff i am totaly        F - - - - D and have to pay someone to sort it out but i am learning slowly,

Ooohhhh...... your defo slow!!!! [emoji16]

7 hours ago, timbernut said:

New hoses I use ag engineer near me (south of Norwich) pumps etc P&R hydraulics on meteor close on airport industrial estate, there’s a couple of others but can’t remember names one maybe Pearson?

Good company P&R, Justin sorted the hydraulics out on my chipper a while back, finding them a bit expensive lately.