A tree with extensive root system?

b101uk

Well I got an email reply today from the TO regarding the trees, I have the go-ahead to take them down, I am still a little confused still as the status of the land & the trees on it with regard to the ~1968 blanket TPO & there phone comments saying it was no longer in force & was left off the review of trees/etc in my locality last year so there are no TPO’s in force with regard to tree or land constraint & “that I could cut down whatever I liked:scared:

It also transpires I don’t have to replace the trees either, though I will be doing so. :proud:

Sounds to me like they reviewed and revoked the 1968 area order in line with best pratice and made individuals to cover significant trees...

I assume they didn't consider your trees to be under threat so didn't bother including them in the modified order. How old would you say they were anyway? Less than 40 years old?

Hi,

The tress that are coming down are the 2 beach trees shown in the photo, both way older than 40 years, the same is true of a alder & a sycamore.

Of all the trees on the site >60% of them will be over 60 years and 10% are over 100 years or more, the blanket TPO stems from when the railway line was ripped up in 1968 witch was also when most of the houses were built that border it, so the original intention may have been to stop development.

Still come next weekend the trees will be hitting the deck to the strains of some of my vocal “Christian church-going” neighbours :bird: chanting sermons from yonder embankments about TPO’s and how the TO will strike me down with a bolt of lightning :thefinger: etc, etc, etc, still it will provide amusement for the other 80% of my neighbours (who are non church-going coincidently) ;)

Well I finally dot a definitive answer from the TO in writing as to the status of the land with respect to the 1968 blanket TPO vs. the accurate map of the land.

The 1968 blanket TPO is still in force :rolleyes: however they are now in the process of revoking it (not my request) at some point in the next few months, so I am glad I didn’t do anything on there initial instruction by phone :smokin:

If the trees where too small or non existent in 1968 then they would not be covered by TPO's.

I thought the TPO idea was introduced in 1974 with the town and country planning act. So where they got 1968 from is a mystery.

No, we have some round here that date back to the 1950's.