Has Your Arb Insurance Cover Claim Been Paid Out?

Jamie Jones

With this years insurance cover doubling from the previous year and a massive increase from the year before.

I have:

- Third Party Cover
- Employers Cover

- Tools Cover

I was wondering if you have had a reason to make a claim.. How did it go:

Did they pay out?
How did the claim process go?
You you think that it was reasonably dealt with or not in your opinion?
How long did it take to resolve?
Any other comments you could make would be helpful?
Who was you insured with?

One of the main reasons for asking if an unfortunate event happened I was wondering if the insurance was proactive>
- Third Party Cover
     - Were they good at sorting things out?
- Employers Cover
     - Were they good at sorting things out in looking after the employee?

- Tools Cover
     - Were they good at getting you back working in replacing equipment to minimise down time and loss of business due to not being able to work?

I dont know if many others on here run a mixed bag of other activities but if they do it is well worth separating out the policy.Arb is one of the most expensive service sector insurances, if you are involved in other work like landscape,fencing, timber haulage or civils ask your broker to quote for them separately as they may well be adding turnover on your Arb insurance which will be costing a lot more than it should.

Bob 

19 minutes ago, aspenarb said:

I dont know if many others on here run a mixed bag of other activities but if they do it is well worth separating out the policy.Arb is one of the most expensive service sector insurances, if you are involved in other work like landscape,fencing, timber haulage or civils ask your broker to quote for them separately as they may well be adding turnover on your Arb insurance which will be costing a lot more than it should.

Bob 

I have done that exact thing this week. Having to provide estimates for future wages and proportion of landscape maintenance work against tree work is a ball ache. 

18 minutes ago, Dan Maynard said:

I had a Brian James trailer nicked, Trust paid out very promptly. No quibble but it was in a locked compound per the requirements so sent in photos of bust locks etc. Premium went up a lot the year after but I had also bought more kit to be fair.

What's crackers is your premium went up.... But most likely so did every bugger else's. ( Not having a go here just at the way insurance works! )

I'm always told at renewal that ins has gone up as there's been a lot of theft. Royal pain for those who have never made a claim.

NCB is a load of rubbish also. Hardly affects premium. One thing for sure is the insurance hardly ever loose out.

Edited by swinny