Trouser manufactures , please design a better solution

Treerover

@Treerover

So I've discussed this topic several times with several chainsaw trouser manufacturers i.e. Solidur, clogger and Husqvarna

Kind of got the same response across the board which was that they never addressed the issue as they never believed it was that much of an issue as noone had made a big deal of it. 

Clogger has a tougher material on the lower part of the right leg on their zeros to which I asked why not on both legs and they said climbers only handle their saw on their right side....... To which I replied "......O.......K....." Whilst looking squintedly at them.

Solidur have taken my feedback on board and are releasing a new pant in July - September I believe. I haven't seen these yet so I can't say they have addressed it.

Husqvarna..... Well they're Husqvarna so I waste anymore time there

Ultimately. Chainsaws are designed to cut trees and if you're any good at sharpening it doesn't matter how hard the material is unless it sheet steel the chain is going to cause damage. I would like to see maybe an easily replaceable patch potentially or a multi layer material. 

The best thing we can do is keep hounding companies about issues we have commonly and hope that they listen. Or start our own company

• 2 weeks later...

@Treerover

So I've discussed this topic several times with several chainsaw trouser manufacturers i.e. Solidur, clogger and Husqvarna
Kind of got the same response across the board which was that they never addressed the issue as they never believed it was that much of an issue as noone had made a big deal of it. 

Clogger has a tougher material on the lower part of the right leg on their zeros to which I asked why not on both legs and they said climbers only handle their saw on their right side....... To which I replied "......O.......K....." Whilst looking squintedly at them.

Solidur have taken my feedback on board and are releasing a new pant in July - September I believe. I haven't seen these yet so I can't say they have addressed it.

Husqvarna..... Well they're Husqvarna so I waste anymore time there

Ultimately. Chainsaws are designed to cut trees and if you're any good at sharpening it doesn't matter how hard the material is unless it sheet steel the chain is going to cause damage. I would like to see maybe an easily replaceable patch potentially or a multi layer material. 

The best thing we can do is keep hounding companies about issues we have commonly and hope that they listen. Or start our own company
I'm currently now on a new pair of Arbortec pro which are only maybe 6-8 weeks old so very early days but thus far, combined half the time with the hitched up Echo (although half the time still with the dangled Ms200) they are holding up very well indeed and so seem incredibly tough.
The fit is slightly erm, Blue Oyster Bar snug shall we say but i'm very impressed, especially as their first Breath Airs were a pile of ill fitting badly thought out crap suitable only for the 1990's rap act Kris Kross .
  • Like 1