Trouser manufactures , please design a better solution

Treerover

IMG_6494.jpg

WHY ?

Why oh why oh why can’t we have better protection on the outside lower outside trouser area to prevent snagging from a hitched up chainsaw?

It happens on every single pair of trousers I’ve ever had.

Prematurely ruins a set sometimes like these Pfanner Arborists.

Surely it can’t be just me here ? ??‍♂️

I don’t need silly boot gaiters nor clasps that fasten to laces (wtf are they about?)

I’ll even take two less pockets and you can keep all the unnecessary embroidery and colour flashes of contrast colourways......just put some bloody chain resistant material there would you ? Not rocket science .

Anyone found a pair more resistant to this?

Funny I have been thinking the same....the stein ones I've got have good tough material on the inside to slow failure due to rubbing, but the outside the material is wafer thin and some kind of plastic so it gets shredded by a saw. The last pair I patched because the trousers were fine other than the outside ankle....probably do the same again.

I was thinking to write to them though I think it would be pointless.

I have started to have the saw dangle a lot more just to prevent this.

Gets pricey on pfanners for sure , one thing I’ve noticed it’s not as bad using the 2511 and keep the brake off.
540 or 201 with stihls full chisel they are wrecked in a week..
I think there are quite a few features that could be improved for arborist saw trousers but your right this is where I would start!

2 hours ago, josharb87 said:

I guess mark meant clip the handle direct onto a big caritool, so there’s no dangling saw 

That's exactly what I meant mate.

Tougher material there wouldn't hurt, for sure though.

Maybe then we would buy less trousers, though, so it's a very well thought out design flaw....

• Like 2