Riko timber grabs

spuddog0507

Hi all, i am looking for a timber grab for a project that i am working on at the moment, been looking around at several grabs from different suppliers/manufactures, the grab needs to be of a decent size as we have some big but ends of timber to move, grab needs to open up to about 1.5 mtrs and be in the 3 tonne bracket, been looking at the Riko ones and was woundering if any one has any comments about then , weather it be good or bad, a nightmare with sales crew, poor after sales service, being palmed off with bullshit or any thing else as all info would be welcomed, the grabs are not over expensive and to me they look as if they would do the job but buying from photos and the odd video along with a sales man spiel like telling you how good and robust they are when he has never used one,you know what i mean, i have seen the smaller grabs in action on the smaller county cranes and they look fine and seem to work well as a mate has one on a small crane that he has used for the last 3 years with no probs, and there was some one who posted a while back on here about a problem with a grab from Riko and if i remember right Riko where not very helpful !, 

Many thanks in advance for your help,