drive link question

Roby

Hi mighty mates,

I'm over my first chain snap. I'm about to buy some drive links and tie straps. Could you tell if I run Husky chain, I may use oregon chain parts to mand it? My preferred supplier doesn't do Husky bits and I can't really chase up Husky drive links.

What do you think?

Rob

United Kingdom

Cheeeeeers

I'm wondering if the two chains are 'compatible' or I don't need to file off the oregon cutter much further than where the Husky cutters are. I'm not sure if the cutters' hight of the two makes are the same.

Anyone has already mixed different makes of chains together??? :)

Don't want it end up in my bloody face. :D Probabely wouldn't anyway, just saying.

I don’t know what saw/gauge/pitch chain you are using but Oregon used to make Husqvarna chains until this new generation of Husqvarna C85, SP33G etc.

Off the top of my head a Husqvarna drive link code of H25 would be an Oregon 21bp & 21lp (.325), H42 would be Oregon 73lp (3/8),H64 would be Oregon 24 (.404).
Yepp. I've got 3/8 chain with .058 pitch. Husky H42=Oregon 73.
I meant if the equivalent chains are interchangeable as far as 1 drive link?

They are the same components with a different coding so I can’t see why not, but if your going to start riveting chains back together why don’t you just buy a roll of the right chain?

Also, Rob D at chainsawbars sells a huge variety of chain by the drive link, you shouldn’t have any problem matching your chain up rather than mixing it up, and if your adding new cutters to an existing chain they will have to be filed back to the same length of the others on the chain so that they are at the same height.

Edited by The avantgardener
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Khriss said:

Or just go on Northern Arb supplies an get their chain. Cost you less than husqy drive links. K

But you want a chain that will cut well and sharpen easily, which will not be a rototech