How can you effectively advertise your business?

CharonWest

A business plan is important if you are starting a new business. I would suggest you take the help of a business plan writing service as they have more experience in making business plans. I will suggest you contact OGS capitals to make you a subscription box business plan as I have used their services before and was really impressed with the work they did making my business plan.

We use a marketing agency, pay around £1k per month, you select the area you want to work (nice rich one ideally) and 2 days into the phone starts ringing. 

Still going strong in winter. We were subbing work to fill gaps in the calender previous to this and now we turn away so much (crap) work. 

Our calander is full of enjoyable, profitable work. 

£1k a month seems to generate approx £30k of quotes of which we tend to win 30-40% 

Has allowed us to average £1200 plus vat a day for a 3 man crew this year. Finish by 2pm 90% of the time too. 

Inbox me if you want their details, depending on what area you are from. If you're near me, I'm not telling!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...
On 07/01/2021 at 21:40, Clutchy said:

We use a marketing agency, pay around £1k per month, you select the area you want to work (nice rich one ideally) and 2 days into the phone starts ringing. 

Still going strong in winter. We were subbing work to fill gaps in the calender previous to this and now we turn away so much (crap) work. 

£1k a month seems to generate approx £30k of quotes of which we tend to win 30-40% 

Has allowed us to average £1200 plus vat a day for a 3 man crew this year. Finish by 2pm 90% of the time too. 

Inbox me if you want their details, depending on what area you are from. If you're near me, I'm not telling!

hey mate you got the details of this company?

On 07/01/2021 at 22:40, Clutchy said:

I just asked the accountant (Mrs Lee) and we spend 1.25% of our turnover on publicity.

That is Pages Jaune and web site hosting

Google and the reviews are free and pure gold.

I take images on my phone, post to instagram share via FB and upload to Google Maps.

I fluctuate between a 30% to 70% uptake per month though I still need to update my year on year average figures.

A grand a month for £10-12k in accepted quotes does seems rather steep to me.

Stuart

• 2 months later...

Hi Clutchy, I have a new business in the Cheltenham area and am still having to freelance climb alot more than I hoped to keep my income  up. Please can you let me know the name of this marketing agency as I currently use mybuilder and bark which is generating very few poor quality leads. Cheers

38 minutes ago, hamilton32 said:

Hi Clutchy, I have a new business in the Cheltenham area and am still having to freelance climb alot more than I hoped to keep my income  up. Please can you let me know the name of this marketing agency as I currently use mybuilder and bark which is generating very few poor quality leads. Cheers

Things like bark will always bring in poor quality leads unfortunately

other choice is google ads but they are getting more costly by the day and will only get worse during the recession. Improving your own website will bring in better quality lease over time, but it’s not a quick fix if you are desperate for work now 

• Like 1

If you came to me and charged £1200 PLUS vat for a days work and buggered off at 2pm. You wouldn't be getting £1200 PLUS vat from me I can assure you. I would teach you how to price up a job correctly...and you would pay ME for doing that.

How about you come to my place for a saw repair and I charge you 8 hours labour to fix it, for what is a 4 hour job? That would be OK with you...eh?

Edited by pleasant
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

24 minutes ago, pleasant said:

If you came to me and charged £1200 PLUS vat for a days work and buggered off at 2pm. You wouldn't be getting £1200 PLUS vat from me I can assure you. I would teach you how to price up a job correctly...and you would pay ME for doing that.

How about you come to my place for a saw repair and I charge you 8 hours labour to fix it, for what is a 4 hour job? That would be OK with you...eh?

If he quotes £1200 plus vat for a job, and the customer accepts it, it doesn’t really matter if they crack on and finish by 2pm does it?
Same goes If the job runs over into two days, it’s not like he is going to expect the customer to pay more.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, 5thelement said:

If he quotes £1200 plus vat for a job, and the customer accepts it, it doesn’t really matter if they crack on and finish by 2pm does it?
Same goes If the job runs over into two days, it’s not like he is going to expect the customer to pay more.

That's true......but the customer was expecting a full day of employment. If I wasn't getting what I paid for then most rational people wouldn't re-employ them next time needed....or at least they wouldn't be first choice. You only rip someone off once- the public have long memories. Short term gain. And I repeat what I said in my earlier post......if I charge for 8 hour labour to fix his saw, and I finish it by lunchtime he's happy to pay for the full 8 hours after googling the correct time for the job? I would only get his business the once.

Edited by pleasant