How can you effectively advertise your business?

CharonWest

1 minute ago, topchippyles said:

Lets put it this way if a customer gets 4 quotes and the cheapest gets the job. Guys turn up do everything that has been agreed and completed by 2pm are they in the wrong ? I think not and you are talking tosh. 

spot on . Its not how many hours you work . its what you do in those hours.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

2 sides to this. If you get the job done by 2 because you worked your arse off, have a top team and are just super efficient, then you’re billy big balls.

If you got done at 2 because you put a stupidly high price in for what the job was worth then you’re probably a bit of a rogue 

There is always going to be rogues steve fact is if you give a customer a written quote and they accept the price and the job is done to a good standard as agreed then nobody can complain. That is why people should get different quotes 

Edited by topchippyles
  • Like 2

On 31/12/2022 at 19:04, pleasant said:

If you came to me and charged £1200 PLUS vat for a days work and buggered off at 2pm. You wouldn't be getting £1200 PLUS vat from me I can assure you. I would teach you how to price up a job correctly...and you would pay ME for doing that.

How about you come to my place for a saw repair and I charge you 8 hours labour to fix it, for what is a 4 hour job? That would be OK with you...eh?

You are an absolute chopper.

Often £1200 won't even cover the cost of the crane, or the big chipper or even what I charge for 3 guys. However if my £5000 bill was less than what the other guy wanted for the same job and we were in and out in6 hours saving you  £2k, would you still be moaning?

• Like 12