Echo 360t sluggish in the cut

tim361

When all my kit was stolen I replaced all my saws with echo kit. My 200 was replaced by echos 360t. Biggest problem with the saw is it seems lazy while cutting. Mine has a 14” bar on it and when we were chogging down a chestnut cutting the full length of the bar the saw almost seems to give up in the cut. It’s still running the standard echo chain and bar. I’m sure I read somewhere that people have replaced the echo/Oregon chain with a stihl one which is meant to make some difference, but it just doesn’t seem to have the power to pull a 14. Anyone have any advice, apart from buying another 200?

cheers all

When all my kit was stolen I replaced all my saws with echo kit. My 200 was replaced by echos 360t. Biggest problem with the saw is it seems lazy while cutting. Mine has a 14” bar on it and when we were chogging down a chestnut cutting the full length of the bar the saw almost seems to give up in the cut. It’s still running the standard echo chain and bar. I’m sure I read somewhere that people have replaced the echo/Oregon chain with a stihl one which is meant to make some difference, but it just doesn’t seem to have the power to pull a 14. Anyone have any advice, apart from buying another 200?

cheers all
How long have you been using it tim? Mine definately felt stronger after it had seen a good few tanks, maybe a few weeks work. I bent the chain it came with as it got snatched in a chog early on, and replaced with oregon ( cant recall which ) so cant advise on best chain in comparison.

Found mine fine, but a bit unremarkable. Have drilled out the cat of the exhaust and opened it up a little and retuned and made a decent difference. Reckon mine isnt far off my 200 if not the same. I have both and pick the echo up over the 200 for some reason! So dont reckon its thay much slower! Bought mine in 2016, no issues with it all since then
  • Like 1

mine came with a 14inch bar and i found it a bit slow too, so i swapped it out for a 12" cheap enough bar and a full chisel chain, its much better although it doesnt rev up loads but doesnt die off to much either, i use the saw for my own jobs and at the price i paid for it i love it but i think it does fall a bit short of the work stihl  201tcms in terms of performance.

i havent tried drilling or modding it.

so id try a shorter bar first.

carl