Two TW 250 DH what are they worth?

benedmonds

Looking to sell our Timberwolf 250DH turbos, 10 inch 96hp, I can't remember the years but a few years old now.. 

One works fine, is in daily use and has 1482 hrs on the clock

The other has 1933 hrs on the clock, engine was fine when we parked it up but but not been run for a few years. 

We have been using for parts, the chassis has some cracks and is missing the tow hitch a couple of tyres, a hydraulic motor, the spout and various other bits and pieces..

I have seen used ones advertised hugely varying prices in the last year, no idea if they sold at that price..

What do folk think they might be worth.

20200129_122734.jpg

20200129_122729.jpg

20200129_122358.jpg

20200129_122939.jpg

Yeah, interesting machine, never seen one in the flesh but they pop up from time to time for sale.

From my point of view they seem rather outdated in terms of aperture/power/size, point of view.

If the good one was good, ie worked perfectly I’d say around 13k, add 2k more for the scrapper.

What did you end up getting to replace it?

2 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Yeah, interesting machine, never seen one in the flesh but they pop up from time to time for sale.

From my point of view they seem rather outdated in terms of aperture/power/size, point of view.

If the good one was good, ie worked perfectly I’d say around 13k, add 2k more for the scrapper.

What did you end up getting to replace it?

I think that would be top end..  I put it on a couple of Facebook sites and had a lot if interest but few people willing to come up with a number..

We have a Vermeer bc1000xl to replace it.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

We have pontificated long enough with our two old TW250's.. 

We regularly go from "lets get rid," to "but its useful to have a backup" and back again. Currently on the get rid spectrum..  

The running one still runs, it has a few more hours on the clock, but not many, it has been used as a back up machine for the last year. The deadone is still dead..

Anyone interested in making an offer for the pair? Call Steve 0778 691 6103

Looking for around £8,000 plus VAT for the pair. Might swap for a tidy sub 750 machine..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
11 minutes ago, JLA1990 said:

Hi all, Are these chippers reliable and as bombproof as they look?

I believe Timberwolf stopped making them and supporting them, so draw your own conclusions. 
I read that the turntable was a bit vulnerable so most people have them welded up in position. 

@bigtreedon has one, so he’s the man to give you a review.