Jump to content
KLMLTD

Looking for cordwood (hardwood) for firewood?

Recommended Posts

Afternoon

 

We've not done a great deal of felling work so far this season so I'm looking for cordwood I can process into firewood at home to replenish stocks!!

 

We have a small forestry trailer/timber grab so I can collect by the trailer load (trailer is 3m long)

 

Interested to hear if anyone has any road road timber available? I'm in Hampshire (near Hook) but we're near to Berkshire and Surrey county boundaries

 

Many thanks - Tim

374249_10152490414200113_2053640457_n.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, KLMLTD said:

Afternoon

 

We've not done a great deal of felling work so far this season so I'm looking for cordwood I can process into firewood at home to replenish stocks!!

 

We have a small forestry trailer/timber grab so I can collect by the trailer load (trailer is 3m long)

 

Interested to hear if anyone has any road road timber available? I'm in Hampshire (near Hook) but we're near to Berkshire and Surrey county boundaries

 

Many thanks - Tim

374249_10152490414200113_2053640457_n.jpg

Robin Quinton, Felled Wood Timber would be worth a try , he would deliver by the lorry load.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Afternoon
 
We've not done a great deal of felling work so far this season so I'm looking for cordwood I can process into firewood at home to replenish stocks!!
 
We have a small forestry trailer/timber grab so I can collect by the trailer load (trailer is 3m long)
 
Interested to hear if anyone has any road road timber available? I'm in Hampshire (near Hook) but we're near to Berkshire and Surrey county boundaries
 
Many thanks - Tim
374249_10152490414200113_2053640457_n.jpg.1baaa6fdd698d135e36543c661e80050.jpg

Is that a Riko trailer ? I’m looking for something just like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ESS said:

Robin Quinton, Felled Wood Timber would be worth a try , he would deliver by the lorry load.

Perfect - cheers for that, just been looking for him on Google but not much coming up - does he have a website?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, lux said:


Is that a Riko trailer ? I’m looking for something just like that.

Hello mate - yup, all from Riko. Bought around 6 years ago and it's been a great bit of kit

 

We've recently had a power pack fitted so we can use the timber crane without plugging it into the Alpine tractor

🙂 

WP_20160118_14_37_46_Pro.jpg

WP_000581.jpg

WP_000532.jpg

WP_000523.jpg

IMG_20180911_132335 (1).jpg

IMG_20180907_135843 (1).jpg

IMG_20180309_110756.jpg

IMG_20171127_132156.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, KLMLTD said:

Perfect - cheers for that, just been looking for him on Google but not much coming up - does he have a website?

He trades as Felled wood transport, Fareham,

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hello mate - yup, all from Riko. Bought around 6 years ago and it's been a great bit of kit
 
We've recently had a power pack fitted so we can use the timber crane without plugging it into the Alpine tractor
 
WP_20160118_14_37_46_Pro.thumb.jpg.4975d2ec0c4961b9815902c74ab52048.jpg
WP_000581.thumb.jpg.56e44d41c98fcb659a4ab111535528db.jpg
WP_000532.thumb.jpg.f2e4c768e723319b9feb4c1feb8cddb8.jpg
WP_000523.thumb.jpg.154a6a209aae73b1cff8517e7c2ea4d8.jpg
834216754_IMG_20180911_132335(1).thumb.jpg.114fcc300a9109852e1f9ffadc74b123.jpg
798161972_IMG_20180907_135843(1).thumb.jpg.a12e4196f83aea4203f1df62ebcf967f.jpg
IMG_20180309_110756.thumb.jpg.bc287661f72918d83cebd04eca6431bb.jpg
IMG_20171127_132156.thumb.jpg.b5968fd84de3b3ac5ec78c8c60cf1cdb.jpg

I was in there 2 weeks ago dropping off a machine to Danequip.
Saw a trailer like yours in their yard so popped in to get details. The guy I spoke to didn’t have a clue about the trailer and the guys in the office were far too busy with eating microwave meals to be able to help. I left my contact details and have never heard a thing back on my enquiry. Totally useless in terms of service and sales.
How much did you pay. ?

Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, lux said:


I was in there 2 weeks ago dropping off a machine to Danequip.
Saw a trailer like yours in their yard so popped in to get details. The guy I spoke to didn’t have a clue about the trailer and the guys in the office were far too busy with eating microwave meals to be able to help. I left my contact details and have never heard a thing back on my enquiry. Totally useless in terms of service and sales.
How much did you pay. ?

Cheers.

If it looked a bit battered that might have been our trailer!! It went in for a power pack a while ago but we haven't got round to picking it up yet which is in our favour as our yard it full at the moment!! To be fair Steve has always been really good with us but at the moment he's pretty much running the whole place on his own. I think he's had a run of bad luck with staffing problems. If you're definitely interested its worth persisting or try to arrange a meeting with Steve - i'm happy to answer any questions I can and I'd be happy to meet with you sometime to take a look at ours - what sort of work do you do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If it looked a bit battered that might have been our trailer!! It went in for a power pack a while ago but we haven't got round to picking it up yet which is in our favour as our yard it full at the moment!! To be fair Steve has always been really good with us but at the moment he's pretty much running the whole place on his own. I think he's had a run of bad luck with staffing problems. If you're definitely interested its worth persisting or try to arrange a meeting with Steve - i'm happy to answer any questions I can and I'd be happy to meet with you sometime to take a look at ours - what sort of work do you do?

My work is all Arb. What is the machine capable of lifting ?
The one that was in there looked pretty tidy to be fair. I asked if it was for sale but the guy I spoke to didn’t know.
How much did you pay for yours. ?
Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Featured Adverts

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.