Solving the Housing Problem!

Billhook

5 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Hardly. Asking such asinine questions as whether my brother-in-law is getting paid minimum wage in your little scenario. You’re either being facetious or are a mong. :)

Oh dear is that really the best you can do, House bought and payed for mortgage but a distant memory, nice car, kids through university, financially secure. not bad for a Mong Eh, Lol  

2 hours ago, Rough Hewn said:

On the BBC today
IMG_0802.jpg
emoji848.png

Quite misleading. We're talking about a 1 or 2% difference between Scotland and England (The Scottish Government put it at 20%) But its rising in Scotland, so dont worry, we'll soon catch up.

https://thirdforcenews.org.uk/tfn-news/scotland-in-2019-a-country-ravaged-by-poverty-and-inequality

SCT02196233081_g24.jpg

Quite misleading. We're talking about a 1 or 2% difference between Scotland and England (The Scottish Government put it at 20%) But its rising in Scotland, so dont worry, we'll soon catch up.

https://thirdforcenews.org.uk/tfn-news/scotland-in-2019-a-country-ravaged-by-poverty-and-inequality

SCT02196233081_g24.jpg.6ee32c3ec42bb70bbc9fc015b03a5283.jpg

It's the BBC.
They never lie.
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji106]
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/02/2020 at 15:39, Frett said:

Nah, you don't. Unless you're being wilfully ignorant you must see that your situation is not representative of the generation that's entered the work force and been saving for a deposit since the crash. You might have been an extremely precocious 18 year old oil executive I suppose.

I regret the bit about the teeth, I've always thought keyboard warriors were somewhat cringey. I am tired of being told about hard work by a generation who could buy homes at 24 after a few years in a supermarket though.

Really? Prior to the 80s deregulation most people rented, 14%+ interest rates only available through a building society who wouldn't touch you if you hadn't been saving with them from birth and proved you saved more than you spent. Most couldn't afford a car, let alone washing machine, dishwasher etc and you asked the bill payer before you made a phone call (on a landline) 'cos it cost an arm and a leg, especially to another town (long distance). I don't know of any 24 yr old supermarket workers who had any prospect other then the bus and a council house.