Solving the Housing Problem!

Billhook

Why would not paying council tax put you out of the system, when I had a boat I was a continual cruiser, which council should I have paid my tax to?

Well as you where cruising the Oceans Blue and not living in the UK justifiably none. But whilst living in the UK by all accounts you should pay to one council. :) If you where just mincing around the U.K. waters you would still be required to pay to one council. I’m sure if you asked them, and not here they’d put you right. :)

5 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Well as you where cruising the Oceans Blue and not living in the UK justifiably none. But whilst living in the UK by all accounts you should pay to one council. :) If you where just mincing around the U.K. waters you would still be required to pay to one council. I’m sure if you asked them, and not here they’d put you right. :)

I was in the UK, (middle England) on a narrowboat, no council tax if you are permently on the move. I don't see, or never heard of someone that cruises the inland waterways paying council tax. Different if you have a perment mooring. The cost or rubbish disposal iand the likes s in your licence.

1 minute ago, harvey b davison said:

What gets me about this alternate living, which I'm all for as long as it doesn't impact on anyone else, is what do they do about having a postal address. As without a postal address I presume you cant do much, as for as getting a bank account etc.

You can always have a P.O. Box  for a small monthly charge.

42 minutes ago, dig-dug-dan said:

How to solve the housing crisis. Ban football!

All the stadiums could then be built on. The grounds staff could be employed to maintain the grounds of the estates. No job losses. No more football hooligans, so the police can bet on with their job.

All the foreign football players clear off home, freeing up more houses, some large enough to split up into flats. 

Public transport and roads become less congested in the weekends, and pollution will be down. Plus in the summer, valuable water resources not wasted watering pitches for some overpaid bloke to roll around in cos he pulled a hair out trying to tackle someone.

Am I missing anything?

Or ban supermarkets and build on the sites.  This would solve the housing problem, the obesity problem and subsequent strain on NHS   win win win!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dig-dug-dan said:

How to solve the housing crisis. Ban football!

All the stadiums could then be built on. The grounds staff could be employed to maintain the grounds of the estates. No job losses. No more football hooligans, so the police can bet on with their job.

All the foreign football players clear off home, freeing up more houses, some large enough to split up into flats. 

Public transport and roads become less congested in the weekends, and pollution will be down. Plus in the summer, valuable water resources not wasted watering pitches for some overpaid bloke to roll around in cos he pulled a hair out trying to tackle someone.

Am I missing anything?

No.....  ???

2 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

Why would not paying council tax put you out of the system, when I had a boat I was a continual cruiser, which council should I have paid my tax to?

Where were you depositing your refuse?  Did the mooring fee include an element for commercial waste?  If so, fair do's.  

Same for your potable water and effluent.  Where did that come from and go to?  Were the folks in the areas yome were 'cruising' have to cover your expenses from their water rates and council tax?

If no - fair play, no worries.  If yes, you were a skin flint, tight wad, scrimshanking MF....

Please only wear the hat which best fits and take all of the above in the manner in which it was intended ??  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Where were you depositing your refuse?  Did the mooring fee include an element for commercial waste?  If so, fair do's.  

Same for your potable water and effluent.  Where did that come from and go to?  Were the folks in the areas yome were 'cruising' have to cover your expenses from their water rates and council tax?

If no - fair play, no worries.  If yes, you were a skin flint, tight wad, scrimshanking MF....

Please only wear the hat which best fits and take all of the above in the manner in which it was intended ??  

I didn't have a mooring to start with. Rubbish went in CaRT bins, water came out of their taps, all paid for in my license. Shit was paid for separately, mostly in private marinas pump-outs, although you can get pump out from the working boats, Ya see, everything gets paid for. 

Which council should I have paid council tax to when I could be in three different counties in a day or two?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

I didn't have a mooring to start with. Rubbish went in CaRT bins, water came out of their taps, all paid for in my license. Shit was paid for separately, mostly in private marinas pump-outs, although you can get pump out from the working boats, Ya see, everything gets paid for. 

Which council should I have paid council tax to when I could be in three different counties in a day or two?

Alright china, I said only wear the cap if it fits ? You've answered the questions, I believe you....