Fly Tipping Remedy

Billhook

School playing fields are often covered in rubbish  especailly if local newsgent /corner shop nearby bins don't seem to help that much as people to lazy to walk 20m to a bin.

Do a litter pick along the road outside the house which is a country lane miles from the nearest fast food place.

Get KFC, chip shop stuff, red bull and other energy drinks, plastic wrappers, larger cans, loads of mineral water bottles,  childrens pastic toys, black bin bags dumped full of rubbish, and ocassional other random items fly tipped like sofas toasters vaccum cleaners flat pack ikea etc....

Actually mended one of the dyson vaccums that I found  hanging up in a tree, along another lane nearby.

Even had live chickens fly tipped several times...

Edited by Stere

16 hours ago, The avantgardener said:

There is a KFC up the road from me. When the pissed up fuckwits have finished their bucket of shit they are usually in my street so throw it all over, the same after the High School finishes, £1 chips in a box as an evening meal, box straight on the floor.

I started bagging it all up and dumping it in the restaurant on a busy Friday night. After a heated discussion with the manager where he stated the same as the above posts, not our problem, down to the customer etc. 
I told him it had his company logo on it and I would be in every Friday until he did something about it, we now have a sponsored bin in our street that is collected weekly.

if only it happened...

I don’t mind a McDonald’s or KFC etc, but the rubbish from them is e real pet hate of mine. We live right out in the sticks and nearest one is about 12 miles but I’m always picking other people’s takeaway junk from along the road. My car has a bin it’s called the passenger footwell and I empty it when I get home
[emoji35][emoji35]

• Like 6

Littering generally is a bit of a bete noire of mine, on a slight tangent I allow myself an ironic smile every time i see a Red Bull can in the road / on the verge / pavement (pretty much everywhere)...as said previously the same kind of people who don't give a toss about their environment, drink the energy drink but don't have the energy to find a bin

Edited by Acerforestry
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lets face it, the public out there are unwashed lazy bastards that can't even put their rubbish in a bin, in the foot well of their car and then dispose it in a decent way. The idea of kids picking up litter, 100% agree with that as it will stop them dumping their litter on the countryside in their adulthood. It really boils my piss when people drive off leaving a pile of their shyte under their car to then blow around the car park. In the old days our parents would have given us a hiding for littering but now......9_9

I wonder what would happen if I dropped a load of my rubbish in their front garden or bunged it through their litterbox.....sorry letterbox, bet that would raise a comment.

I reckon if it wasn't McDs or KFC, it would be Costa, Starbucks or some other outlet so as long as the outlet has sufficient bins then they probably can't do too much apart from marketing campaigns on littering.

Some of these lowlifes need to be disciplined as the hedgerows are becoming clogged with this crap lobbed out of cars! Lazy feckers!

• Like 3

It is endemic now. I worked at a very smart 4 star hotel as their headgroundsman (100acres of grounds for me and my apprentice ). The electric gates allowed just enough time whilst they opened for the people in the cars to dump anything and everything onto the drive. We could often fill a bin bag on our daily litter pick!

11 hours ago, timbernut said:

I don’t mind a McDonald’s or KFC etc, but the rubbish from them is e real pet hate of mine. We live right out in the sticks and nearest one is about 12 miles but I’m always picking other people’s takeaway junk from along the road. My car has a bin it’s called the passenger footwell and I empty it when I get home
emoji35.pngemoji35.png

Interesting the 12 mile figure as that is the same distance as our nearest McDonalds.   It must be the time taken to consume a Big Mac and supersize coke at an average of 40 mph!

A lot of people know that it is wrong to dump rubbish and our lane is the first turning on the twelve mile mark.   

My wife and I find that there is usually a pile right by the turn off then nothing until the first corner when they know they are out of sight of the main road.

There is a further pile just over the ridge for those really concerned not to be seen

Perhaps I should hide a trail cam in the hot spots, but for all the effort I doubt that the police would bother.