Fly Tipping Remedy

Billhook

I have only just found enough time to catch up with my reading material, and one of the articles in the NFU journal was about a farmer called Tom Martin, who was suggesting that McDonalds and other drive through fast food places print the car number on takeaway packaging.  I gather that it made the headlines in Facebook and the Daily Telegraph took up the story.  I have not seen the original story or heard any more of what seems like a good idea or at least a step in the right direction

I have just spent some time picking up the remains of a package outside our house which looked as though a hand grenade had gone off.  Bits of paper blown into the hedge,  fizzy drink cups with plastic straws and lids strewn yards apart.    This a daily chore for me on my morning bike ride

The real problem with all of this is that you can catch someone red handed, even with a police witness but with overloaded courts and it seems now that petty burglary is even not being brought to court by the CPS, is there any hope?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I would suggest you tip yr arb waste in McDonald's car park. Include in it a few McD wrappers an say ' we had to tidy up a site containing yr waste , then brought it back for you to properly recycle.....' I consider fast food a hazard anyway. And the people who strew it a pollution of the countryside.  K

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

McDonalds food isn't the best but nor is it the worst, better than they ever seem to get credit for anyway.

The litter isn't their fault either it is entirely the responsibility of a small number of their customers. The same people would do the same kind of thing if McDonalds didn't even exist. Scummy people that have never been taught respect and how to behave.

DFS seem to be more of a problem around here than McD, never seen a reg number on one of those either

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Peasgood said:

McDonalds food isn't the best but nor is it the worst, better than they ever seem to get credit for anyway.

The litter isn't their fault either it is entirely the responsibility of a small number of their customers. The same people would do the same kind of thing if McDonalds didn't even exist. Scummy people that have never been taught respect and how to behave.

DFS seem to be more of a problem around here than McD, never seen a reg number on one of those either

I got to agree with this,its not mcdonalds fault,if you want to print reg numbers then you need to do it on coke cans/bottles,beer cans,crisp packets,costa cups etc,etc,etc,etc,and that aint going to happen,its a certain type of person who dont give a shit that f&&ks it up for everybody

• Like 1

Fly tipping is becoming a massive problem,and one of the most dumped things round our way at the moment is believe it or not,arb waste,now that gives tree surgeons a bad name just like it does Mcdonalds,just this week a chipped load tipped in two gateways and another load on a wide verge,now many people wont see it as mr pikey doing it but will blame the real tree surgeon they saw working in the area the day before

There is a KFC up the road from me. When the pissed up fuckwits have finished their bucket of shit they are usually in my street so throw it all over, the same after the High School finishes, £1 chips in a box as an evening meal, box straight on the floor.

I started bagging it all up and dumping it in the restaurant on a busy Friday night. After a heated discussion with the manager where he stated the same as the above posts, not our problem, down to the customer etc. 
I told him it had his company logo on it and I would be in every Friday until he did something about it, we now have a sponsored bin in our street that is collected weekly.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, The avantgardener said:

There is a KFC up the road from me. When the pissed up fuckwits have finished their bucket of shit they are usually in my street so throw it all over, the same after the High School finishes, £1 chips in a box as an evening meal, box straight on the floor.

I started bagging it all up and dumping it in the restaurant on a busy Friday night. After a heated discussion with the manager where he stated the same as the above posts, not our problem, down to the customer etc. 
I told him it had his company logo on it and I would be in every Friday until he did something about it, we now have a sponsored bin in our street that is collected weekly.

But do the fuckwits use the bin or do you still have to collect it and place it in said bin ?

I know I am a bit extreme, but I do value manners n tidyness and the idea that the Countryside of England is our heritage. It's not hard, it's just our Entitled Me , running around thinking they are cool and everything, by behaving however they like . K

Edited by Khriss
Pass me my slippers Mr Stubby it's nearly my bedtime.......
  • Like 1

Just wonder if it would be possible to have a tractor and low trailer with a warden at either end with stop/go signs, so that kids could be taken out of class every now and then to do a bit of litter picking so that when Mum/ Dad chucks something out they could say  "Oi Dad, if you chuck that out I gotta pick it up"

Response i admit could be "Shaddup you little runt and finish your coke and chips"

Mail on Sunday has a new campaign I see today.

WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

It’s time for you to sign up and join The Great British Spring Clean, a nationwide plastic pick-up endorsed by a host of...

• Like 1