muck truck H - max - hydraulic lift

Dilz

Any one familiar with these? just saw on a message ck truck h- max video  one using forks to lift a rock... reckon it could work well with short stocks and  rings and could rig a kant hook off the back to hold brash maybe?? 

Would be for domestics / narrow access. Currently using an arb trolley with an additional front wheel but still requires manual handling to load and it can be a slog on soft and sloping ground. 

I have one of these machines - the genuine item, not a Chinese copy. I bought it from Fresh Products, who sell the range. I gathered that the manufacturer had made a few lifting devices that were like a sack truck that could then be tilted back hydraulically. I was thinking of getting my local fabricator to make me a small grab device to run off the spool valve, and pivot down to pick up brash etc.

I think that this would be ok for picking up brash, but any heavy timber would need someone pretty heavy standing on the foot rail at the back as a counterbalance.

We use the machine for moving timber in large gardens, can use ally ramps to get up onto patio's that need crossing etc.

Only reason I have not pursued the original plan is me recent purchase of Bobcat E10, with thumb. Planning to cannibalise my old stump grinder to mount on the boom, with its own engine. Will post this once completed.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, maybelateron said:

We use the machine for moving timber in large gardens, can use ally ramps to get up onto patio's that need crossing etc.

Aaaaaargh! Mea culpa. I did that awful thing with the apostrophe that shouldn't be there.

Spare me the birching your lordship.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dilz said:

Tis but a minor grammatical error. 

Im now leaning towards the cheaper mucktruck max and hunting down a powerlift attachment for it for timber and also using the muck truck to pull a wee chipper into back gardens. 

The muck truck (max) is a good solid bit of kit, adding a hydraulic tip to it seems a bit unnecessary, more weight and expense.

You could even use it to tow your arb trolley out (slowly, in reverse)

13 minutes ago, scbk said:

The muck truck (max) is a good solid bit of kit, adding a hydraulic tip to it seems a bit unnecessary, more weight and expense.

You could even use it to tow your arb trolley out (slowly, in reverse)

Yeah that's what got me looking. i bought an arbtrolley last year and thought myself a fool for not getting one sooner. Have used it with a motor winch on slopes but sometimes its not an option.  one long slow drag is better than 10 quick ones.  And mucktrucks seem to hold a decent amount of value if looked after... 

5 hours ago, scbk said:

I've had a muck truck max for about 5/6 years

This video had me sold, you can see it's a well thought out rugged machine:

Yeah my mate is on about a cheap copy and or a cheap band driven machine.... but reckon in a couple of years they'll be shot.

Do you find the muck truck marks grass easily? is it easy to turn with a full load??