stihl ms500i

markrufrider

buying cheapest does not always work, i tend to buy from my local dealer like 2 mile down the road, ok it may be 40-50 quid more but if saw fails and i take it in for repair it goes straight to the front of the cue that because i bought it there, a lad who works with us now and then bought a saw online and when it took to the same dealer as buy my saws from he had to wait nearly 3 wks for his saw to be repaired, so buying cheapest is not always best,

• Like 6

buying cheapest does not always work, i tend to buy from my local dealer like 2 mile down the road, ok it may be 40-50 quid more but if saw fails and i take it in for repair it goes straight to the front of the cue that because i bought it there, a lad who works with us now and then bought a saw online and when it took to the same dealer as buy my saws from he had to wait nearly 3 wks for his saw to be repaired, so buying cheapest is not always best,
Agreed. I've always used my local dealer. He is only a mile from home, but when they know you got it from them you can most often get it sorted whilst you wait. Only downside is you end up buying a load more stuff whilst waiting!
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, spuddog0507 said:

The sod had my saws in for least 4-6 weeks and they came from him. Front line saws too.... 201t etc. was bit peevd.... 

Btw did you go for the 462 or 500i in the end?

Edited by swinny
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, swinny said:

The sod had my saws in for least 4-6 weeks and they came from him. Front line saws too.... 201t etc. was bit peevd.... 

Btw did you go for the 462 or 500i in the end?

i havent bought owt yet as not been well, only been out the house about 10 times in the last month,had this cold/flu thing since early october and after several visits to my GP they decided to treat me pnemonia in early december so saws have been  bottom of the list,

Local dealer every time.
Got to site today, 40 degree muddy slope,
Lugged all the gear down, set up the 880 and panther to mill a nice bit of burr elm,
Nothing.
Saw wouldn't work.
No spark, pulled off ht lead and it fell out of rubber boot. About 1mm of wire protruding. After 15 minutes of failing, I took it to my local Saw shop...
Huddersfield saw and tool shop. Within 3 minutes it was fixed. No charge.
He mentioned if I had any 12" logs to test saws on?
And what price?
No charge [emoji106]
Back in the truck off to mill we went.
Having a good relationship with your dealer is invaluable.
[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Rough Hewn said:

Local dealer every time.
Lugged all the gear down, set up the 880 and panther to mill a nice bit of burr elm,
Nothing.
Saw wouldn't work.
No spark, pulled off ht lead and it fell out of rubber boot. About 1mm of wire protruding. After 15 minutes of failing, I took it to my local Saw shop...
And what price?
No charge emoji106.png
emoji106.pngemoji106.pngemoji106.png

you will buy shite thou ??????

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Rough Hewn said:

Local dealer every time.
Nothing.
Saw wouldn't work.
And what price?
No charge emoji106.png
emoji106.pngemoji106.pngemoji106.png

This all day long . ?

• Like 3