What do you use to store logs by the fire?

Rob_the_Sparky

The Mrs is objecting to my combination of a (somewhat broken) muck bucket for logs and an orange B&Q bucket for kindling, something about them being an eyesore...  However, looking online I see lots of log racks designed to drop bits of bark all over the floor and generally on the small side.  Coal buckets might pass the wife test but look too small to me (but not checked).  Wicker baskets look nice but seem to all have cloth liners that look like they would last a year if you are lucky and once full of holes would drop rubbish on the floor.  I'm beginning to think I'll have to construct something myself.

Hence the question, what do you all use?

Hi Rob,
Brass coal bucket with kindling on oneside -kindling upright like pencils?

Wicker basket the other with a few logs - Barrow full outside back door in porch.

Basket does ok at keeping debris off carpet but not 100%..looks better than gorilla tub.

Bob

• Like 1

A snazzy stainless steel U type thing that about 12 hours worth of logs stack in and it has the companion tools hang from it.  It passed the appearance test well.  It doesn't contain the debris.  It's not so much the bark.... Rather the little black dots of, I guess, insect shit, that drop everywhere!