Husqvarna 540ixp

Husky575xp

Bit skeptical it will cut as fast as a 40cc

E.g  a Stihl MS 241   2.3kW

All cordless lecky saws they never seem to tell you the kW rating of the motor seems very secretive?

The motors will all be made in the same factory in China, just in a different case. I’d of thought the electronics would of been key to power, IMO.

Apologise for not including the 540I XP which the thread was about!

The 540I XP should be available mid March, the T540I XP middle of Feb.

There is some info about the top handle on the Husky UK site but nothing on the rear handle yet.

WWW.HUSQVARNA.COM

Husqvarna T540i XP is our most powerful battery-powered top-handle chainsaw, equivalent to a 40cc pro petrol saw...

Here is a snippet of info from Husqvarna

"Used with the newly released Husqvarna BLi200X (T540i XP®) or Husqvarna BLi300 (540I XP®) batteries, the new
chainsaws have capabilities equivalent to professional 40cc class petrol chainsaws,
making them ideal for tree removals and smaller felling tasks. With the completely
redesigned and optimised system, power has been increased by more than 30 percent
compared to previous Husqvarna battery chainsaws, opening up opportunities that
previously have been exclusive to petrol chainsaws."

• Like 1

The motors will all be made in the same factory in China, just in a different case. I’d of thought the electronics would of been key to power, IMO

Might be right think there alot of rebadging goes on with tools also and shared parts, also husky was owned/still is electrolux  though says was "spun off" in 2006.

Makitas one is rated at 1.1kW so no reason that can't  state  power output like petrol ones do...

MAKITA DUC353Z SPECIFICATION

Voltage: 36v (18v x2)

Maximum Output: 1,100 w

Chain Oil Capacity: 200 ml (cm³)

Chain Gauge: 0.043 "

Chain Pitch: 3/8 "

Chain Speed: 0- 20 m/sec

Bar Size: 35 cm / 14"

Net Weight: 5.2 kg

I think is beign abit dishonest to state same as a 40cc saw but not give proper spec info one power?

The husky I assume will be  more powerful?

Some spec for the husky

WWW.TEC-PROFI.DE

Husqvarna, Akku Kettensäge, bürstenloser Motor, leicht,

• 2 weeks later...

i can't justify the price fr jones has it at nearly 800 pounds with battery charger and bar and chain im guessing from a dealer it will be more and how long will a battery last is it going to last all day on one charge hmmmm i don't think so so another battery will need to be purchased im all go for battery powered top handles but for now il stick with my echo top handle 

Been in Germany all week wear I worked with guy that's been using the new t540i xp top handle he said it's a game changer so much more capable than all the other electric top handles unfortunately I didn't get a go !

Hey Don, did you get to compare the weight of them side by side?

On 07/02/2020 at 18:13, bigtreedon said:

Been in Germany all week wear I worked with guy that's been using the new t540i xp top handle he said it's a game changer so much more capable than all the other electric top handles unfortunately I didn't get a go !

must of been good if he didnt want to share it!!!

once the performance is there i cant see why one would choose a petrol option.