Who Is or has done work on the HS2 project?

5 shires

On 23/01/2020 at 16:13, 5 shires said:

Yes I agree how that works and is quite normal practice....but tell me this...I have over the years get requested to quote for works for a couple of housing developers who need to have trees removed and ground clearing.....now we are not talking small jobs and small numbers(nothing as big as HS2) but all the same £1’000’s of pounds worth of work but after probably doing 4/5 quotes and not getting anywhere it occurred to me that it’s just a process they go through just to get the amount of quotes they need,I have since learned over the years the same company gets most of the work no matter what price they put in(case of who you know not what you know) had another one last week to price in Worcester removal of trees for 9 new houses so religiously and being a professional I made a site visit and put my price in even though deep down I know I won’t get a siff...it’s all well and good putting in a price for these big jobs but i’am guessing it’s all ready been sorted who will get the work no matter what quotation other companies put in..if you know what I mean.?

brown envelopes perchance?

• 3 weeks later...

Well HS2 looks like it’s going ahead after more wasted money on consultation,I hoped Boris would be a bit different but yet another prime minister singing to the tune of big investors and share holders. It was to much to ask to pull the plug on this vast amount and waste  of money and to spend it on building more hospitals and schools and investing in more doctors,nursing staff and teachers which we need so much more then trying to save minutes of travel.really disappointed but for every one person like me there will be 5 or more who are rubbing there hands with the amount of money they will be making constructing this massive white elephant and bear in mind if the number crunchers are saying it will cost £100 million + you can guarantee it will piss all over that amount and the timescale and distruction it will cause will be vastly more then anyone is saying.

Edited by 5 shires
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, 5 shires said:

Well HS2 looks like it’s going ahead ...... the number crunchers are saying it will cost £100 million + you can guarantee it will piss all over that amount and the timescale and distruction it will cause will be vastly more then anyone is saying.

One thousand times that. Approximately £3257 for every working age person (excluding the unemployed) in the UK. 

It’s all been done very back handed by starting the infrastructure well before it was really given 100% go ahead and spending billions already so it was dam near impossible to pull the plug on this part of the expansion(notice they started in then south and not in the north?.i won’t drag this out by commenting on this subject week in and week out but I just wanted to get my view in writing because some how when you see it in words and thinking someone else might just read your views some how it makes you feel a little bit better even if the people reading it either agree and or disagree.

2 minutes ago, 5 shires said:

It’s all been done very back handed by starting the infrastructure well before it was really given 100% go ahead and spending billions already so it was dam near impossible to pull the plug on this part of the expansion(notice they started in then south and not in the north?.i won’t drag this out by commenting on this subject week in and week out but I just wanted to get my view in writing because some how when you see it in words and thinking someone else might just read your views some how it makes you feel a little bit better even if the people reading it either agree and or disagree.

I agree. My brother is an engineer and has been working on HS2 related projects for ages.

I don't object to investing that quantity of money in public transport, but this represents extremely poor value for money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big J said:

1 hour ago, Big J said:

I don't object to investing that quantity of money in public transport, but this represents extremely poor value for money.

Totally agree with you J 

Down here in SW we cant even have a reliable train line at any speed due to ongoing problems at Dawlish.

I am past hoping for any common sense from government these days. 

11 hours ago, Woodworks said:

Totally agree with you J 

Down here in SW we cant even have a reliable train line at any speed due to ongoing problems at Dawlish.

I am past hoping for any common sense from government these days. 

The thing is, I've not actually heard anything from anyone that wants HS2 except for politicians. It's appears to just be a massive vanity project for egotistical buffoons. 

6 minutes ago, Big J said:

The thing is, I've not actually heard anything from anyone that wants HS2 except for politicians. It's appears to just be a massive vanity project for egotistical buffoons. 

Its something that i will never use, and i can just see HS2 as being on of the biggest flops in British history and lets face it they cant manage the rail network we have now, so god help those people who are all for HS2 what it will be like is anyones bet, i just see it as a bid drain on public funding which could be spent on far better projects to benifit more of the population nation wide, and it will be like the railways where a couple of years ago and unorganised chaose comes to mind,,,

• Like 2