Western red cedar saw logs

Johnsond

42 minutes ago, gobbypunk said:

Hi why not use the chain Mortimer for the tennons as well ,seems like a no brainier to me 

Cheers Mark 

Could be done mark but I think you’d have to come up with a method of clamping or securing one end of morticer as you cut out material, Mind you I’m open to suggestions as every day is a learning day so to speak. I’ll take a look at how that might work out tomorrow.  To be honest by end of play today and utilising a template to mark up the cut areas the router method was working out to be quite quick and leaves a decent finish. 

4 hours ago, Johnsond said:

Lol well the mrs says my sense of humour is shite too ?‍♂️

Welcome to the shit show! :D

4 hours ago, Johnsond said:

did a fair bit of chain morticer work and been trying a few different methods for the tenons. One in pics was done with a saw for the shoulder and a router and a long cutter to remove most of the material which seems to be working well with the freshly milled Douglas. Better than my efforts with a chisel for sure. 

looking good! Keep the pics coming!