ms 362

alittletreefella

10 minutes ago, alittletreefella said:

hello all.

New to forum 

I have a ms 362 and run a 20 stihl bar and chain. 

I was given a 16in  wartech  bar and 16 inch stihl chain brand new. the chain ill not sit on the sprocket correctly 7 slot sprocket

The driver count for the " wartech " bar is obviously different . To avoid any arse ache  determining the right number of drivers it may be easier to buy a Stihl bar . There may be other problems like the alignment of oiler holes and tensioner location . 362 is a dead lump of a saw but that is beside the point . ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, alittletreefella said:

67 dl on stihl chain. how do I know what the bar will take .

THANK YOU FOR ANY ADVISE GIVEN 

Add one driver . If not enough add another ......See what I mean about arse ache ? ?

• Like 1

Hello and welcome,

So, examine the 16" Stihl chain for the cutter & DL number then ID it correctly so you can see what bar it fits to:

Go to https://www.chainsawbars.co.uk/chain-id-table/

Look at far LH column for Stihl chains and see if the pitch & gauge match whats stamped on your 362 20" bar (apart from the legth).

If the chain is in good nick then it may be worth getting a bar for it if the chain pitch and gauge matches, otherwise hang it up in your shed.