Quoting for a job

Jack.P

tying to come up with a figure for clearing around 2 acres of quite dense and large dead ash trees for a charity group which are wanting to pay as little as possible for clearing the site .easy enough with no climbing etc and the wood can be sold at roadside  but it’s not worth a great deal maybe £45 a ton or less and they are wanting all brash chipped or taken away and the site left reasonably tidy .they did get a high quote they couldn’t afford so the trees been left over a year .

Im not sure if I want to be involved but would about 800 quid be fair enough or much too cheap ?

Yes I would probably stack everything up and hire someone in with a big chipper for a few days it would take too long with smaller chippers and more cutting and more faf

all wood would need to be hauled to roadside and sold for whatever I can get for it.

it was bit dark when I went there but will get pics when I’m going that way

• Like 1

Hi .yeah  the 800 quid was just a starting figure which I came up there are many variables though like how much is the wood worth and is it more cost and time effective to just send it all for biomass and have everything chipped and taken away but if I was reading it right the value of it then becomes a lot less .