Small bandsaw Mill recomendations

Shiny steve

14 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

I pay £30 a ton for Larch Saw Logs. Have to take the firewood quality too though, but they are all basically Saw Log Quality. Will be getting a few tons soon.

I pay £30 for “firewood” oak that still mills great and £100 a ton for real good Oak Saw Logs, but don’t get much if any just now.

Where abouts are you mate?

12 hours ago, gobbypunk said:

Hi I have just got myself a used woodland mill hm130 after replacing some nylon bushes it’s cutting nice with a ripper 37 ,the paint is peeling but hey it don’t affect it’s cutting,Chris Pierce who imports them is a sound bloke ,so yeah I am super chuffed with my woodland mill,where are you if you are anywhere near Dorset you are totally welcome to come to my yard and have a look at my mill no worries,good luck with whatever you get but be warned milling is just like crack it’s addictive, I already want a bigger mill .

Cheers Mark 

Thanks for the offer Mark, I'm in Kent so a bit of a trek but appreciated all the same. Steve 

Where abouts are you mate?

Angus, Scotland.

But I don’t get enough to go around. I get from a small local estate.

He’s got a bunch of Spruce but what can you do with that?

I’ve been thinning out my small parcel of woodland around my house. Taken out a bunch of Cherry, Spruce, Beech, Sycamore and Scots Pine. Nothing massive but will keep me Milling for a while when I’ve recovered from the back surgery I had yesterday.

Firewood for a couple of years too!IMG_5687.jpgIMG_5640.jpgIMG_5632.jpg

4 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Angus, Scotland.

But I don’t get enough to go around. I get from a small local estate.

He’s got a bunch of Spruce but what can you do with that?

I’ve been thinning out my small parcel of woodland around my house. Taken out a bunch of Cherry, Spruce, Beech, Sycamore and Scots Pine. Nothing massive but will keep me Milling for a while when I’ve recovered from the back surgery I had yesterday.

Firewood for a couple of years too!IMG_5687.jpgIMG_5640.jpgIMG_5632.jpg

How did the surgery go Andy?what did you have done?

How did the surgery go Andy?what did you have done?

Went well, cheers. :) had two prolapses removed 3 years or so ago but did not help so much. Went to a private clinic in Norway and they looked much closer and seen the disks had grown spurs and where squashing in on my nerves both sides of my spine at the same place as my prolapse. So the dremmeled them away. ?

Have the same in my neck and will get that done later in the yIMG_5676.jpgear.
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...