562xp starting issue

Acerforestry

One thing we have clocked that wasn't previously noted is that if you look behind the handle on the back where there are normally 3 black pipes running vertically, the middle one is missing, the nipple at the bottom it should attach to clearly visible - how crucial is this pipe and the purpose please if someone can explain- the reason I ask how crucial it is being that on a mate's 550 its missing too, but on 3 other XP units and one 545 today at work, all had the 3 tubes aside from the initial 550

Finally the possible kiss of death on this deal since it was purchased through paypal is that the id tag has been removed. Surely they arte not prone to just dropping off, and I can only think of one other reason why it's not there..looks like it's probably hookey

25 minutes ago, Acerforestry said:

One thing we have clocked that wasn't previously noted is that if you look behind the handle on the back where there are normally 3 black pipes running vertically, the middle one is missing, the nipple at the bottom it should attach to clearly visible - how crucial is this pipe and the purpose please if someone can explain- the reason I ask how crucial it is being that on a mate's 550 its missing too, but on 3 other XP units and one 545 today at work, all had the 3 tubes aside from the initial 550

Finally the possible kiss of death on this deal since it was purchased through paypal is that the id tag has been removed. Surely they arte not prone to just dropping off, and I can only think of one other reason why it's not there..looks like it's probably hookey

Very hard to loose the ID tag  under normal working conditions as it is under the top handle on the RH side near the AV mount in that location .

I run 2 550s and a 562 and a 560, damn fine saws.

As for starting, don’t be afraid to use the impulse bulb, if it doesn’t start from warm immediately, treat it like it’s stone cold.

Plus, learn to drop start if you don’t already.

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 2

The hoses you have here are the return to tank hose from the purge bulb, and a breather hose going to the filter elbow, this was done for emissions, however this hose was removed due to fuel vapor entering the inlet and causing hot start issues, there was a mod to cut this hose and bung it to stop dirt entering the inlet, the white breather is then open to atmosphere, on the later machine the filter elbow does not have the connection so the hose has gone top and bottom, the third hose is the fuel inlet.

• Like 1